Need Matag Atlantis Transmission comment

Hi All,
I purchased a Maytag Atlantis MAV9750AWW in January of this year (making it five months old as of this posting). The transmission just went out. Turns out one of my friends had the same experience with his Atlantis tranny going out in under a year.
I realize that Maytag now makes these trannies with plastic gears, but five months is ridiculous. Has anyone else experienced this kind of poor reliability? (Hopefully, my problem is a fluke.)
And, does anyone know of a third part that makes/retrofits these trannies with real (steal) gears?
Many thanks, --Tony snipped-for-privacy@gbis.com
--
-------------------------
I Fish. Therefore, I am.
Anthony Ewell wrote:

Hi,
None!
Maytag makes the tranny. Plastic gears isn't really a problem...WLP uses plastic gears as well. GE and Frigidaire do not use plastic gears and thier trannys have not been any better :(

Many have...many have not.

You "really" didn't buy a Maytag....you bought an MAV model which is an Admiral/Norge/MagicChef washer...the LAT models are like the older Maytag washers built 20-30 years ago.
Extanded warranty may save some ( if any ) labour charges in the future.
jeff.

jeff wrote in message ...

JFYI. And even those have plastic gears inside the transmission since they went to the "Orbital" design. No excessive problems with them I've heard of.
Dan O.
- Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Maytag+washers
=~~~~~~

Going on 5 years without any problems here with ours.
Dave