need kitchen faucet recommendations

Hi All,
I currently have a Moen goose neck kitchen faucet. Everything keeps wearing out on it, especially the cartridges. (The latest, is that it is dripping grease from somewhere -- its is on the tubing coming from under the sink.)
My wife likes goose neck faucets in the kitchen. Anyone have any recommendations on a replacement that is not a constant maintenance nightmare?
Many thanks, -T

I highly recommend Kohler. Their customer support is second to none. When an internal part started to leak in my kitchen faucet they provided exploded views, installation advice and supplied the needed parts kit at no charge.
Joe G
On 11/22/2010 11:06 AM, GROVER wrote:

Thank you.
My local faucet store said that Kohler only give a one year warranty. Was this within the first year?
-T
On 11/22/2010 2:06 PM, GROVER wrote:

That's the same conclusion I've come to.
Amazon seems to have the best prices. Who knew?
Jeff
On 11/22/2010 11:17 AM, Jeff Thies wrote:

Thank you!

I've been happy with Delta, just put in 2 vanity single lever faucets a couple weeks ago. Have Delta in the tubs/showers as well. Have Delta single lever which is separate from the faucet, called a Waterfall in the kitchen. Although I don't believe they make this style anymore.
The vanity faucets I just installed, are supposed to be guaranteed for life. Don't know if they advertise their other faucets like this or not.
On 11/22/2010 03:20 PM, Cory wrote:

Thank you!
On Wed 24 Nov 2010 01:45:18p, Todd told us...

Peopl complain about Delta, but I've had Delta faucets in nearly every house we've lived in and never had a problem.

Like the VW of years ago, Delta parts are available almost everywhere. I've rarely needed them, though.

I strongly recommend Chicago Faucet at:
http://www.chicagofaucet.com/catalog/default.php
You can view their catalog at:
http://www.chicagofaucet.com/pdf/CF1013.pdf
My experience is that you wont even have to replace the washer for twenty years. I have their faucets in my kitchen and bathroom. All their parts are interchangeable in that if one day you dont like the spout or want to make it longer you can buy a different spout or an extension for the one you have to make it longer and it will all fit. They last forever and I only recommend Chicago Faucets to my clients. Find the one you like in the catalog and search it at Google Shopping to get a price and a list of vendors.

I strongly recommend Chicago Faucet at:
http://www.chicagofaucet.com/catalog/default.php
You can view their catalog at:
http://www.chicagofaucet.com/pdf/CF1013.pdf
My experience is that you wont even have to replace the washer for twenty years. I have their faucets in my kitchen and bathroom. All their parts are interchangeable in that if one day you dont like the spout or want to make it longer you can buy a different spout or an extension for the one you have to make it longer and it will all fit. They last forever and I only recommend Chicago Faucets to my clients. Find the one you like in the catalog and search it at Google Shopping to get a price and a list of vendors.
=========================================================================== It's a Geberit company, that's why it's good! Geberit has to have the absolute best tub waste systems available. Their prices are not for the faint of heart, but great products.

My choice is Price Pfister

On Nov 22, 9:05pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

My P-F kichen faucet set made 18 months on our Midwest water supply. Brass parts were etched away to uselessness. Pity, too, because they have such widely appreciated customer service.
Joe

That agressive slough water will eat anything made of brass in less than 2 years - zinc or pot-metal in a year. Only stainless has any kind of lifespan, and it gets ugly in a hurry.
Thankfully, NONE of the current PF working parts are even metal. All plastic and ceramic now. But that doesn't really help much when the body corrodes off around the cartridge, I guess.
On 11/22/2010 07:05 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Interesting. Thank you.
On 11/22/2010 05:03 PM, Cory wrote:

Hi Molly and Cory,
Thank you!
-T
On 11/22/2010 10:58 AM, Todd wrote:

My wife found this interesting, no holds barred, web site for faucet reviews. I thought other would find it useful too:
http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/sources.faucets2.htm
Thank you all for the suggestions/recommendations!
-T

Do not buy ceramic cartridge faucets if you have galvanized iron pipe in your house. Ceramic cartridge faucets are for houses that have copper pipes only. Chicago faucets also makes compression cartridge faucets.
On 11/24/2010 10:00 PM, Molly Brown wrote:

Mine are copper. Thank you!