Need kitchen cabinet hollow dimensions on the bottom

Part of my kitchen reno job was to take out a wall and re-route a heat duct that had been in that wall. I was going to run it between the floor joists in the basement and up through the floor underneath one of my kitchen cabinets, and out the front similiar to a kick space heater. It's actually a 36"X36" lazy susan. I don't have the cabinets yet , but I wanted to at least rough in the ductwork before laying my tile down. My question is are these cabinets pretty much hollow on the bottom? Or are there supports at various locations?
Mikepier wrote:

No supports, just anti-gravity devices :)
The sides of each cabinet touchs the floor as does the vertical in the back of the kick space. Possibly the back of the cabinet too. There *could* be other pieces but they are not usual.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

I am about ready to do the exact same job. Are the low-height ducts, reducers, and grille used under a cab standard stuff at HD or Lowes? Or did you have to go someplace special to find them??
--Jeff

I am basically running a 6 in round duct between my floor joists and using a 90 deg elbow going up where it will meet with a 3X10 90 deg adapter. Lowes or HD has the ductwork as well as the grilles.

THanks. Have you considered moving the ductwork over to another joist channel and putting in a floor register? That way you don't have to hack up the cab's kick plate.
--Jeff
Could you use the bottom shelf of the cabinet as the top of a duct. Put a louver in the kickplate. Mate to existing duct system somehow. So what if it leaks a little it is supposed to go into the kitchen anyway.

see why not.

You know, now that I did another search, thats what some people do, they just simply run the duct through the floor, and the open cavity at the bottom of the cabinet becomes the plenum, no other ductwork, just install a grill at the kick plate. My only concern doing this is that if you use the same ductwork for heat/AC, will it cause damage to the cabinet from hot and cold air blowing on it, especially in the summer. Condensation might form from the a/c.

Did you ever resolve this? I like the idea of using the bottom of the cab as plenum but what about condensation?
--Jeff
c.

I'm waiting for the cabinets to come in so I can make exact measurents.