need input on natural repellents

Hello, we have a problem with flying squirrels and/or racoons getting into our attic at night.
I wanted to know if anyone had used any pest repellent device on the market to effectively get rid of them.
Either that, or any type of granule or powder (hopefully a bag that won't make a mess) that repels them.
Please advice!
thanks
Need to find where they are getting in and seal it off. Only real way. Mothball (paradicholrabenzene) supposedly is good for this sort of thing, but you really need to cut off their access.