Need Info on interior door code

I am framing for an interior door in my basement. Someone was telling me that Ontario code says there has to be 2 top plates when framing ? I asked around and others didn't seem to think so. It's not a load bearing door at all. Does anyone know for certain if an interior door in a basement has to have 2 top plates ? I only put one.

So call your citys building inspector dept.
on 12/10/2007 8:59 AM car crash said the following:

It's considered a partition wall. Most codes allow a single top plate for a partition wall.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY