need ideas for junction box

Hello -- I'm adding some fluorescent strips to the walls of a small home office, to give me some indirect lighting. My plan was to use standard "portable" lumiares (i.e. with cord and plug, no junction box in the unit), and put a wall outlet behind the valance.

Now, as I lay it out on the wall I find that the outlet peeks out below the lower edge of the valance. Is it acceptable to rotate a box 90 degrees, so it's horizontal instead of vertical in the wall? That would make it short enough to be hidden. Are there any other options?

Reply to
bcboy

I say rotate.

Reply to
roger61611

I agree. No code issues to my knowledge.

Reply to
Colbyt

It's considered preferable to rotate the building, but if this is not feasible, you may rotate the box.

mm

decorative escutcheon. decorative wall mural. longer curtain valance hooks. rope lighting on a dimmer. rope lighting with wireless remote control at outlet.

Reply to
buffalobill