need ideas for junction box

Hello -- I'm adding some fluorescent strips to the walls of a small home office, to give me some indirect lighting. My plan was to use standard "portable" lumiares (i.e. with cord and plug, no junction box in the unit), and put a wall outlet behind the valance.
Now, as I lay it out on the wall I find that the outlet peeks out below the lower edge of the valance. Is it acceptable to rotate a box 90 degrees, so it's horizontal instead of vertical in the wall? That would make it short enough to be hidden. Are there any other options?
I say rotate.

I agree. No code issues to my knowledge.
On 10 Feb 2006 18:16:35 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@thecraftstudio.com wrote:

It's considered preferable to rotate the building, but if this is not feasible, you may rotate the box.
decorative escutcheon. decorative wall mural. longer curtain valance hooks. rope lighting on a dimmer. rope lighting with wireless remote control at outlet.