Need Homemade Anti Foaming Agent for Rug Doctor

Page 2 of 2
replying to DerbyDad03, Larry wrote:

If you have liquid fabric softener in the house add a capful of it to the recovery tank (where the dirty water goes).
I learned about this in the Marine Corps when Tide was famous for over sudsing. A small amount of Downey (or whatever you have) will make the suds disappear in a few seconds.
replying to DerbyDad03, Turbo-Man wrote: I started out 29 years ago with a rental doing my own carpet. That turned into a career doing it professionally. The fact is that you can clean using any method with most chemistry but what's your time worth and without sufficient and consistent heat you've lost one of the most important tools in the formula for removing grime, oils, and odors from fibers. Higher heat also means less drying time and that is what reduces wick back from deeper in the carpet pile and contributes to bacterial growth that causes the odor that most people get the next day using a consumer rental portable. Am I biased? Of course I am but with what I know and the facts as they exist you might consider my biased opinion and get your carpets done by a professional. Having said that also consider that there are idiots out there in any industry that only know enough to soak your carpets and take your money without much real cleaning. Do your homework get references and when you find a professional who knows what he's doing keep him.