Need Homemade Anti Foaming Agent for Rug Doctor

replying to JoeSpareBedroom, Greg. wrote: Pour some baking soda on a squirt bottle and shake vigorously and spray on already treated carpet. This will freshen, deform carpet.

Reply to
Greg.

replying to DerbyDad03, Turbo-Man wrote: I started out 29 years ago with a rental doing my own carpet. That turned into a career doing it professionally. The fact is that you can clean using any method with most chemistry but what's your time worth and without sufficient and consistent heat you've lost one of the most important tools in the formula for removing grime, oils, and odors from fibers. Higher heat also means less drying time and that is what reduces wick back from deeper in the carpet pile and contributes to bacterial growth that causes the odor that most people get the next day using a consumer rental portable. Am I biased? Of course I am but with what I know and the facts as they exist you might consider my biased opinion and get your carpets done by a professional. Having said that also consider that there are idiots out there in any industry that only know enough to soak your carpets and take your money without much real cleaning. Do your homework get references and when you find a professional who knows what he's doing keep him.

Reply to
Turbo-Man

replying to DerbyDad03, TC wrote: I can't buy antifoam in the store anymore so I use a tsp of salt in the dirty water collector. It keeps it from foaming?Each time you dump the dirty water (I put it in my toilet instead of my clean sink) add a new tsp of salt to empty dirty water collecting recepticle. Wish I had known this years ago would of saved me tons of money.

Reply to
TC