Need help with underground pipe leak.

Hi all,

Today I found out, to my horror, that I have a leak under my cement floor in the kitchen or hot press.

I emptied out the hot press and noticed that one of the pipes going underground had damp insulation around it as it went into the ground and could hear noise so I guess the leak is somewhere near this area. The floor is damp and in the kitchen I took up some lino and it was also damp. This has been going on for a long time but put it down to a bad joint somewhere, as air built up in the radiators after a few days.

Is this a job for DIY or should I get a plumber in, what is the best way to approach it, should I take up the floor just inside the hot press hoping that is where the leak is?

Looking forward to any tips.

kind regards, Noel.

Reply to
Noel