Need help with underground pipe leak.

Hi all,
Today I found out, to my horror, that I have a leak under my cement floor in the kitchen or hot press.
I emptied out the hot press and noticed that one of the pipes going underground had damp insulation around it as it went into the ground and could hear noise so I guess the leak is somewhere near this area. The floor is damp and in the kitchen I took up some lino and it was also damp. This has been going on for a long time but put it down to a bad joint somewhere, as air built up in the radiators after a few days.
Is this a job for DIY or should I get a plumber in, what is the best way to approach it, should I take up the floor just inside the hot press hoping that is where the leak is?
Looking forward to any tips.
kind regards, Noel.
Noel wrote:

Best to post to this newsgroup: