Need help with replacement swamp cooler pump

Hi All,

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50)pump is taking long and longer to start every morning. It is an Essick Air Product Model CB-6600 rated at 8L/min.

Now 8 L/min makes sense. If I were to hook it up to a bucket, it would pump about 8 liters in one minute.

So, I did an on line conversion for Cubic Foot per Minute (CFM). I got 0.28 CFM. Makes sense.

So I go to

and look for a pump. I find things rated for 7500 CFM. Really? You would pump an entire swimming pool in one minute? Makes no sense at all.

What am I missing and which pump should I be getting?

Many thanks,

-T

p.s. tried calling and eMail the Cooler Center. No response.

Reply to
Todd

That number refers to airflow through the cooler, not the water pump.

Reply to
Robert Neville

What the hell is a swamp cooler?

Reply to
fred.flintstone

It's also known as an "Evaporative Cooler". Basically, it's a humungo low-speed fan that blows air through a wet pad. Evaporation removes heat from the air, trading temperature for humidity. If the relative humidity is very low, it works quite well. If the RH is even approaching 50%, forget it. They work great in the desert, not so much in the SE.

Reply to
krw

I never smelled bad odors from them in the desert. They actually made the air interesting. After a rain, the desert comes alive with smell. A little sweetness to it.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Liz & Christi on Swamp People

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

DAGS. It's a way of cooling a building, in hot, dry climates.

.

What the hell is a swamp cooler?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Mormons don't drink swamp coolers. They have alcohol.

.

Liz & Christi on Swamp People

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you live in an area like Southern Arizona where swamp coolers are common, just take your pump to any hardware store there and they will have a replacement.

Reply to
Bill

Thank you

Reply to
Todd

That is what I did. I moved up from 5000 CFM to 7000 CFM as I double my pads and they need the extra water. Thank you.

Reply to
Todd

And the air that comes out is gentle, rather than the harsh stuff from an air conditioner. But, we also have a small air conditioner for fire season when you have to go on internal air.

Reply to
Todd

Hi Stormin,

Grew up in a California town full of Mormons. My father was one. (I chose the Christian path.) I hated being around them because of the drinking and the getting arrested and so on and so forth. They said they did not drink -- it was not the case. My father acted like an idiot when he drank.

In my childhood town, if my swamp cooler had alcohol in it, it would have been like livestock at the trough.

The Mormons I have known are the worse alcohol abusers I have ever had the sight to behold. That being said, we all have our spiritual struggles. Hopefully alcohol us not one of yours. I certainly have a ton of my own (alcohol is fortunately not one of them).

The Utah side of my father's family did endeavor to follow your church's teaching. They were/are very gentle special people. And, no alcohol abuse that I could/can tell. They set an excellent example.

-T

Reply to
Todd

If you get any group large enough, you can find this or that, in the population. I'm sad to hear that they aren't getting the blessings of the gospel.

.

[...]

This is true. It was the absolute hypocrisy that drove me nuts. I hated being around them. Then, again, Mormons are a shining example in a lot of areas. Show us Christians up all the time in Charity, Evangelism, Family Values.

Speaking of hypocrisy, I am looking forward to a non-Christian president that follows the commandments over a professed Christian that spits on them.

-T

Reply to
Todd

I've never been pleased with hypocricy. I've suffered from it, many times.

Well, I'm hoping we can vote out the Non-Christian (Obama, Muslim) and replace him with someone who supports the Constitution.

I'm not encouraged by the Christian candidate (Romney, member of The Church of Jesus Christ) who is from Massachussets, one of the most liberal states of the nation.

.

This is true. It was the absolute hypocrisy that drove me nuts. I hated being around them. Then, again, Mormons are a shining example in a lot of areas. Show us Christians up all the time in Charity, Evangelism, Family Values.

Speaking of hypocrisy, I am looking forward to a non-Christian president that follows the commandments over a professed Christian that spits on them.

-T

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have to take Obama at his word. He professes to be a Christian, although he doesn't "seem" to act like one. My guess would be that his religion is Liberalism, which competes with both Christianity and Mormonism.

You do realize that Mormons are not Christians, don't you? Not that it is a bad thing to be a Mormon.

For instance:

Christians are monotheists Mormons are polytheists

Christians can not become Gods. The God (singular) of the Christians has no brothers, aunts, uncles, sisters ...

Christians are not given to marriage in heaven (Jesus own words) Mormons have families in heaven

In Christianity, Jesus was born of a virgin. No sexual act.

By the way, your conception story, which I will not repeat here is rather insulting/vulgar to us. Don't worry, we get past it.

In Christianity, Saint Mary Magdalen holds the title "Equal to the Apostles" for her evangelism. We would not have such elaborate detail on her if she had gone to the new world. Check out our account of here standing in front the the Roman emperor and declaring "Christ is Risen!" with an white egg in her hand.

The problem with Mormonism and Christianity is that the Mormons decided to use the same names that the Christians use. Mormonism is an entirely different religion. And, not a bad one at that (except for the drinking).

As I have said, Mormons show us Christians up all the time. Being a Mormon is not a bad thing. In the end, I do believe it is how you treat others that matters. Jesus (of the Christians) will honor that. (So, you are not going to hell if you follow the commandments and treat others well, regardless of what religion you are.)

I chose the Christian path over the Mormon path. If you really do believe you are a Christian, check us out. Here is a web site for the original, ancient church that Jesus himself founded, which is still in existence and thriving:

Or stay a Mormon and do good works as one. It will be honored.

He doesn't seem to act like a Liberal. He seems to have the missing fire in his belly lately that we all were missing. (There were time is his past that he could put a chair to sleep.)

-T

Reply to
Todd
.

I have to take Obama at his word. He professes to be a Christian, although he doesn't "seem" to act like one. My guess would be that his religion is Liberalism, which competes with both Christianity and Mormonism.

CY: My gut sense is that he's Muslim, but attends Christian church because it's more politically acceptable. I've seen Youtubes of him speaking Arabic, or something similar. I've never seen him mention his faith in Christ.

You do realize that Mormons are not Christians, don't you? CY: You do realize that Mormons are the only true Christians? Mormons are the only church with authority and revelation from God, and Jesus. You do realize that I, and many other Mormons receive personal revelation. And that many Mormon men hold and use the priesthood.

Not that it is a bad thing to be a Mormon.

For instance:

Christians are monotheists Mormons are polytheists

Christians can not become Gods. The God (singular) of the Christians has no brothers, aunts, uncles, sisters ...

Christians are not given to marriage in heaven (Jesus own words) Mormons have families in heaven

In Christianity, Jesus was born of a virgin. No sexual act.

By the way, your conception story, which I will not repeat here is rather insulting/vulgar to us. Don't worry, we get past it.

CY: Someday, you should study Mormon religion with Mormons. You'd be amazed, how many mistakes and falsehoods there are, out there.

In Christianity, Saint Mary Magdalen holds the title "Equal to the Apostles" for her evangelism. We would not have such elaborate detail on her if she had gone to the new world. Check out our account of here standing in front the the Roman emperor and declaring "Christ is Risen!" with an white egg in her hand.

The problem with Mormonism and Christianity is that the Mormons decided to use the same names that the Christians use. Mormonism is an entirely different religion. And, not a bad one at that (except for the drinking).

CY: I think the problem is that Non-Mormons tell lies about what Mormons teach.

As I have said, Mormons show us Christians up all the time. Being a Mormon is not a bad thing. In the end, I do believe it is how you treat others that matters.

CY: I believe it's important to get the proper ordinances, done by proper authority.

Jesus (of the Christians) will honor that. (So, you are not going to hell if you follow the commandments and treat others well, regardless of what religion you are.)

CY: I belive that Jesus (of the Christians) is the same Jesus that founded the Mormon church. And that doing well is important, but only one part of the necessary things to do.

I chose the Christian path over the Mormon path. If you really do believe you are a Christian, check us out. Here is a web site for the original, ancient church that Jesus himself founded, which is still in existence and thriving:

Or stay a Mormon and do good works as one. It will be honored.

CY: Beyond belief, I know with certainty that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for, and accept His atoning sacrifice. I do my best to keep His commandments.

He doesn't seem to act like a Liberal. He seems to have the missing fire in his belly lately that we all were missing. (There were time is his past that he could put a chair to sleep.)

CY: I'd have to study his record. But, being Gov of Taxxachussets is pretty telling.

-T

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Since we're not on swamp coolers, I'll do a subject line change.

Web page needs some editing.

's Witnesses Question How do we answer a Jehovah's Witness who feels he is absolutely correct in all he believes?

Answer How do we answer a Jehovah's Witness who feels he is absolutely correct in all he believes?

.

Stormin Mormon

"While Scripture does not categorize these as "sacraments," "

Someday, I hope you get a witness of the Spirit that the LDS church is both biblical, and also has the authority from God.

.