Need help with rabbits!

Page 2 of 2
You catch them skin them clean them and have nice neighborhood barbeque don't you think would that be nice and neighborly.

Walter R. wrote:

Elmer Fudd will get doze wascally wabbits for you.
[8~{} Uncle Monster
Walter R. wrote:

We have that trouble year round living near wilderness park. We use chicken wire cage to cover any plants they like to eat. Deer even crashed our picket fence to eat our apple.

plants get established. Try to borrow one that is used to living outside on a tether, and won't whine all night. (Of course, feed it and play with it and such during the hours the rabbits aren't around. Even working dogs need social contact.)
aem sends...

Horrify the neighbors!
Buy some chicken wire and make some domes that are 6" bigger than the plants. While this one will upset the neighbors it will keep you out of all kinds of trouble that might arise from some of the other methods suggested.
Note running an extension cord to the wire cages will get you right back in trouble again. -:)
Walter R. wrote:

We got "All Natural Rabbit Solution" for $24.99 from the local garden center. Will also repel raccoons. Label says "Great for Vegetable Gardens" "...can be applied to all shrubs, edible crops and fruit trees"
www.NaturalPestSolutions.com
Do a google search for "Rabbit Repellent" and you'll find a wide variety of products.
Walter R. wrote:

California, eh?
First you will need a permit from the State Department of Rabbit Abatement...
Put up bilingual English / Spanish "Eating Free Zone" signs. They will be as effective as the "Drug Free Zone" signs you see around schools. Apply for a federal grant to purchase signs.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 08:15:08 -0700, Walter R. wrote:

How good is your math?
It is mathematically impossible to have just one rabbit.
Air rifle pellets strategically placed between a bunny's ears is very effective in discouraging further predation. Sling shots are quiet and very lethal. Blow guns are fun.
The rabbit problem goes back to the flood when Noah took two of every creature on board. Unfortunately, he had enough room for rabbits.

Use the rifle on yourself and report back with the results.