need help with lawnmower

From what she describes the engine is tired and none of the current push mower engines are worth the cost of a rebuild. Even on the off chance that you are right that starting fluid will eventually cause a problem it will have worn completely out long before the starting fluid gets it
Steve B.
<My lawnmower has been on the fritz all summer. It started cutting out when < <Yet he insists there is nothing wrong with mine. < <Does anybody have any ideas before I take it to another repair shop and have <to pay another $80? I am pretty strong, but unwilling to destroy my arm <yanking on this crank.
You sound like you're game. Read through the Mower Repair FAQ before you do anything else like. I'm sure your answer will be in there.
http://www.eio.com/repairfaq/REPAIR/F_lmfaq.html
I think you're getting gas so the logical alternative is to check the spark and I agree that a properly running mower more often than not, starts on the first pull.
best of luck with it Bets, -BH.
Thanks, and thanks to all who have offered help!

Betsy wrote:

This thread made my twisted mind conger up yet another good reason why those ardant feminists who'd like to see the world turn into a place where all babies are cloned and born female are barking* up the wrong tree.
You've proven why men are and will always be a necessary evil; Your repairMAN can start that well worn lousy compression engine, but you, a woman, lack the physiognomy to do so yourself.
Long live all muscular male starter rope pullers!!
Jeff (Ducking.....)
* Any implicastion with female canines was unintended.
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
In my old neighborhood the best repairperson was a woman. :)

Buy a sheep!

Betsy Wrote:

the alternator. use a bit of wire wool.9 times out of 10 these parts are coverved in old grass.
--
littleg