Need help with Dishwasher

-------------------------------------
Hello, I have a Kenmore Dishwasher, Model 66515777990. It leaks under the door. Not from under the unit, just under the door. What can cause this, the door seal? What else?
Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
The Homeowners Hub site is not a help forum. It's an *advertising* forum that invades real forums (like "alt.home.repair", part of "usenet") parasitically in order to generate free advertising for itself, which continually advances its search engine placement, thereby increasing its own revenue through its click- through advertising commissions.
So the first thing you should do is write them an email and tell them to quit spamming.
Then try to find your way here through proper channels. Please do a google search on "Usenet" and post the regular way.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

So, Chris: all that haranguing (top-posted and badly-formatted to boot), and you're not even going to give this person the courtesy of an answer to their question?
Gee, you're a big help around here.
✖
On Oct 17, 11:06 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Have you done so...?

Uh huh...

Why are the ignorant are so often anxious to share what they don't know?

There's a surprise. -----
- gpsman
Add pictures here
✖
I'll add my two cents to the other responders and top post to boot. If you are going to add your cut and paste response to those unfortunate enough to visit the homeowners hub site, please add something to the subject line so I don't have to click on your response to get the same old, same old . I don't want to waste my clicks since I don't have many left. My only alternative is to just filter all your responses. Your choice.
Stormin Mormon wrote the following:

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Please do Chris. A search may help explain to you about top posting. You never believed me, as kind as I've been trying to help you.
Just to remind you, you will _never_ stop web based sites from porting to Usenet.
It's for the children in Ethiopia.
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 17, 9:35 pm, cyberunlimited_at_gmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (cyberunlimited) wrote:

Possibly the water is filling too high. It is not supposed to fill past the seal (just a little higher than the sump).
Add pictures here
✖

Wrong or excessively foaming detergent could cause it.
Add pictures here
✖
On 10/18/2010 6:53 AM, Bob Villa wrote:

Our dishwasher did that. Called the repair guy and his solution was to run the d.w. with a quart of white vinegar poured into it, no dishes. The detergents cause a build-up that keeps it from draining properly. It worked.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 07:14:04 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net"

My parents' dishwasher did that -- it turned out to be a cracked spray arm that was shooting water straight at the door in just the right way (the door isn't completely sealed; the DW doesn't fill up beyond the pan unless there's a problem with the drain/float (which we had eliminated in my parents case), as others have said.
Josh
Add pictures here
✖

First of all, don't take any back talk from her - -
OH, you mean that kind of dishwasher. (smile)
(couldn't resist)
Bob-tx
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 17, 10:35 pm, cyberunlimited_at_gmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (cyberunlimited) wrote:

Make sure the drain is clear and draing properly. There is a cutoff switch in the bottom of most units that stops the water from getting to high. Check that as well.
Add pictures here
✖
cyberunlimited wrote:

I solved the same problem on my dishwasher.
It was the float that monitors water depth. It had become so munged-up with caked detergent that it wouldn't move.
Yours should pull straight up and you can then remove the nastiness.
Add pictures here
✖
On 10/18/2010 5:02 AM HeyBub spake thus:

There ya go, Stormie: was that so hard?
✖