Need help with Compact Fluorescent

Need help with Compact Fluorescent California Home
Our vanity bathroom has a 26W Nutone Compact Fluorescent 2 pin light / with fan - ceiling light. ( the light appears to be about 9 inches long)
It is so dark with this light in the bathroom. I am desperately trying to get a brighter light...I searched all over the internet. Went to Home Depot etc. No luck. Not sure why they do not make brighter lights for 2 pin Compact Fluorescents.
Any suggestions..where I can a brighter 2 pin Compact Fluorescent light.
FYI....I am not handy.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks Anna
anna wrote:

Leave the cover off the light fixture.

You will have to replace the ballast too. This will cost more than buying a new larger light fixture.

If that is your only light add another one, over the mirror is a good idea, 26w is all that unit takes
I would suggest replacing the fixture or adding an additional light fixture.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit