Need help w/ *&%$# gas dr

Bluesman:

B > I have a 1979 Maytag gas dryer and it only feels like igniting the gas B > every other load - I have to open the little door and jiggle the wires B > and *sometimes* the thing starts to glow and fire up the gas...Other B > times it just spins cold, wet clothes for an hour. Sometimes I try to B > wipe off the thing at the end of the gas pipe that glows and get B > slightly electrocuted for my trouble...

The problem is probably a bad connection, 'corrected' when you jiggle the wires and the connection happens to be made. The proper fix is to disconnect the power and check out the wires you are jiggling. Also note if you happen to be jiggling one wire and it's movement causes movement in a different wire.

The problem could be the wire is broken but held together by the insulation. Restripping and reconnecting. Do one wire at a time so you don't miswire things and make it go *poof!*.

  • Why is it called your "bottom", when it's in the middle of your body?
Reply to
barry martin