Need help-Trap Seal Primer

I installed a new floor drain in my laundry room. As part of the project I installed a trap seal primer on the cold water line to my laundry tub. So far, so good. The problem is that the trap seal primer (MIFAB MI-TSP-1) only sends water to the drain once. The next time that I run the cold water - no water is sent to the drain. It seems that the poppet inside the trap seal primer does not re-seat correctly after it has been asked to "work" for the first time. I disassembled the device and have checked for debris that could be causing problems and no debris was found. The piping from the trap seal primer to the floor drain is OK, the device works OK - once, and then it never works again until I remove the poppet from it, reseat it and start all over. Any ideas (could the steel pin on the poppet be slightly bent? Is the steel pin supposed to point up or down into the small hole in the primer, and so on... Any advice, ideas and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Doug

Reply to
Doug