Need Help to remove ice from roof

Hi,

I live close to downtown Ottawa. We currently have ice damns/snow on the roof and would like to find someone to get remove them from the roof.

The roof is easily accesible from a balcony.

You can contact me on snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Vani

Reply to
Vani B

Flag down the nearest kid on the street corner. Do you really think anyone in here can do it for you?

Welcome to spam-ville.

Reply to
Dan C

IMHO, this is what I would do:

Ice dams won't be too easy to remove, or atleast not recommeded removing with mechanical means. Get a sock fill it with a safe de-icing crystals/power. Tie a rope to it, closing it. Toss the sock on the roof, pull it till it hits the ice dam, and leave it there. A small section of the ice dam will slowly melt allowing melting water from above it to drain before freezing(how you got the ice dam in the first place).

As for the snow, I would get a roof rake, if the roof is easily accessible, removing the snow won't be too differcult.

As for the ice dams, might want to take steps in preventing their build up in the future.

later,

tom @

The Real Tom

Connect the hose to your hot water heater.

Reply to
HeyBub