Need help to install a ceiling fan in Hoboken, NJ

Hi,

I need to get a ceiling fan installed in my 2nd bedroom. There is no ceiling mount to hang it from or the necessary wiring. I need a person to install it for me (They have to run the wires on the wall and use the existing power box ).

I tried contacting contractors using the yellow pages but they didn't want the job as it is too small.

Could anyone let me know where I can find help and how much it would cost?

TX, s P

Reply to
S P

Try looking at contractor ads in local papers (Bergen Record, etc.) and expect to pay north of $250. Probably way, way north.

Reply to
Michael S. Trachtenberg

What you need to find is an electrician. I'd ask friends, neighbors first, yellow pages as last resort.

Reply to
Chet Hayes

If this fan is going into a place where there already is a light it's easy to do. Ask your neighbors, this is something you could barter for. The last ceiling fan I put in took about an hour, I've done them in 30 minutes (the Hunter fans I did took longer for some reason, probably because some of the hardware didn't fit as planned).

Reply to
rickm