Need help replacing/finding Whirlpool Clothes Washer pump.

Whirlpool "Ultimate Care II" Model Model #LSQ9565MQ0 The washer was bought at Sears in early 2004 and has had no problems since purchase.
Symptom: During the wash cycle it leaks water at the bottom front nearest the right side of the washing unit. The puddle is getting larger so something is failing. I "assume" it must be something called the 'drain pump'?
I cannot locate the exact part number because the Whirlpool washing machine is not listed under MY Model.
My model is #LSQ9565MQ0 but the only listing I can find online is for a Model labeled LSQ9564MQ0, it's a 4 instead of mine being a 5
This is the only pump I have found it is part number 3363394 which says it is a replacement for the following part number : 3296, 62516, 63347, 64076, 8235, AP2907492, LP116, PS342434, PT8722476. Here is the URL it's located @ http://www.partstore.com/Part/Whirlpool/Whirlpool/LSQ9565MQ0/Whirlpool/Whirlpool/3363394/New.aspx
Is this something I could tackle myself?
Am I right that all you do is remove the cabinet and unsnap the clasps then unscrew the old pump and then install the newer one?
If you can help, thanks.

Probably because he bought it at Sears and many of the Sears appliances, including washers, have for many, many years been manufactured by Whirlpool.
Don Young
Robert,
Yes, this is an easy DIY project. www.RepairClinic.com will accept your stock number and has this part in stock. Have you already looked inside the washer and confirmed that it's the pump that's leaking?
Dave M.
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 08:48:10 -0400, "David L. Martel"

It is either the pump itself OR the 2 hoses that connect to the drain pump. How in the world could I test to see if it's either the pump itself or just one or both of it's hoses?
I don't even see a part listed as a hose that would fit the drain pump, so if it's the hoses and not the pump..what would it be called?
thanks
Robert,

After you get the front panel off, put the machine through a cycle and watch for drips. Be sure that the pets and toddlers will not be there while you do this.

They're there listed under hoses. Is this a troll? I think you need a repair man. DIY is not your thing
Dave M.
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:09:23 -0400, "David L. Martel"

Not a troll, being serious about it being listed as a 'drain hose' but nothing listed as a hose FOR the in/out of the 'drain pump',...
Rob,
Ok, go to the web-site I gave in my first reply. Type in your model number ( a box in the top left corner) and you 'll get a listing of all the parts. Now somewhere on the left side is a list of subsystems. Click on Hoses. You should now see a list of hoses, clamps et c. Both of the hoses that you want are there. Compare the pictures provided with the hoses that are in your washer and you should be able to find the correct ones. I am surprised that you find this hard but the hoses are there. Both hoses mention pump in the description. There is a long one to the back panel and a short one from the tub. This should be a really easy DIY repair. Expect water when you disconnect the hoses and when you cycle the washer. So have a sponge and a bucket. Do not stick your fingers in while the machine is running, use a pencil to poke things.
Dave M.
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:59:01 -0400, "David L. Martel"

This is the only one that would fit the description/need http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID 7866&PPStack=1
The clamps on my washer use those kind that are tight but you have to squeeze the ends with a lot of force to release the clamp. This is what is so confusing, I'd be replacing one type of clamp with another and no reason stated as to why my older clamp style would be obsolete?
$14 X 2 hose $41 X 1 pump ~$70 to replace hoses and pump, how much does a typical technician charge? I was hoping to save some money so I guess those guys charge $100 per hour?
Thanks for helping me
Robert,

http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID 7866&PPStack=1
That's the one from the tub to the pump. Is it leaking?

Use pliers on this type of clamp
This is

If it's the clamp that is broken and causing the leak replace it with another hose clamp. I suspect that any hose clamp from the auto parts store will work in your washer if it's the right size. It's really unlikely that your leak is due to a bad hose clamp.

No don't buy 2. The other hose for your drain system is #904568 using the web0site parts numbers.

No, you only need to locate and replace the part that has failed. Replacing the other parts in a 3 yr. old washer is dumb. I'd focus my attention on the pump since moving parts wear out.

Your posts suggest that you have not as yet figured out where the leak is so why do you want to order all of these parts? Find and fix the problem. Don't just start buying a bunch of parts. When I add in the cost of shipping and handling I find that it's cheaper ( slightly) to buy locally, so call the local appliance parts place and see if they stock your part. Be sure you have your model number when you call.
Dave M.
I FIXED THE PUMP!!!!
Total cost was $50.49 for the pump locally, easy to install pump, HARD AS HELL to place the cabinet back onto the washing machine...
My lord, couldn't they just have screws or bolts to reattach the cabinet? What is this the 1700s?
ANyway... thanks all around.
:-D

I just put the pump in from the bottom and didn't mess with the cabinet at all.
Robert,
Congratulations.
Dave M.