Need help repiring rust hole in Weber grill dome

I've been using it for awhile. Still no explanation of what google is doing.

Reply to
Bob F

If it was dented/chipped...it would rust. ... This is the problem. Enamel detaches when dented ... then the elements kill the grill ... slowly, but surely.

Reply to
Grillax.com

I have holes in the bottom of my webber. I took it to be welded because it rusted where the legs were attached and made holes. The welder said there is nothing to weld to because of the holes. Can I buy metal to make a new bottom? Thanks for any help sent my way.

Martha

Reply to
marthamay1941

Sure you can buy sheet metal, but how are you going to shape it into the exact bowl like shape? And then you'd have to cut off the legs, have them welded back on, drill all the appropriate holes, openings, etc. Even if one had the equipment on hand to do all that, it's not even close to worth it. Time for a new grill.

Reply to
trader_4

mine dun rustid off to so i tok off the legs an put the gril up on sum cmint blocks annit works good

Reply to
Bubba

Usually cheaper and more cost effective to buy a new grill. My old gas grill had a good aluminum box but rest was iron. Remember spending $75 for new grates, burner and heat deflector to have legs rusting off a year later. New grill which also has aluminum box with 2 burners was only about $120.

Reply to
Frank

At this time of year, every retailer and his brother has grills on clearance. Bet you can buy a new one cheaper than you can patch up the old one which will only last a year of two at best.

Reply to
Wade Garrett