Need help repiring rust hole in Weber grill dome

Page 1 of 3

Discovered 1/2 inch hole in my Weber Grill dome.
I have a Benzomatic torch, but would like a simple way to repair hole before I repaint.
Thanks for your help.
Bruce
Add pictures here
✖
Bruce K. wrote:

If you have a hole in your grill, buy a new grill. If you are really stubborn, get a small section of sheet metal and some sheet metal screws and hack up a patch.
Or you could just leave it alone and call it a vent.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
On May 15, 8:08 am, "Jon Danniken"

Yeah, if you have a broken window pane, buy a whole new window.
Add pictures here
✖

If the frame is broken, yes.
Add pictures here
✖

That calls for a new house.
Add pictures here
✖

Using Jon Danniken's logic.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 15, 2:51 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

WINDOW PANE.
Add pictures here
✖

Do you know what an analogy is? ...or do you not know how to read?
Add pictures here
✖
On May 15, 4:11 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Apparently you don't. The OP didn't say I have a 1/2" hole in my grill's lid and the hinges are broken.

Apparently you don't.
Get the last word in like you always have to.
Add pictures here
✖

Once there is a hole in the grill, it's done.

IKWYABWAI?

In this case, since you made a point that needed answering, yes.
Add pictures here
✖

This is alt.home.repair. Not alt.home.waste.money.
And the grill will work fine with the hole.

Add pictures here
✖

I didn't write that. Quite the opposite in fact. Although there is at least one idiot in here that thinks that if a *Webber* grill has a 1/2" hole in the lid "it's done".
Add pictures here
✖
-snip-

I don't know if I'm the idiot, you're referring to-- but let me clarify *my* opinion. If a 1/2 in hole bothers the OP-- he can spend several hours repairing to get maybe one more season out of his grill.
Or he can buy a new one for under $100. [or a lightly used one on craigslist for 1/2 of that]
If *my* grill had a 1/2" hole- I'd live with it until I replaced the grill. I doubt anyone who is bothered by one can make it look good without spending more time than it is worth.
Jim
Add pictures here
✖

I was relying on people to note the level of indentation. He had two ">" signs. I thought I might follow with a reply to your single >indentation, but didn't have anything to say. If I had also written something in reply to you, would that have made the whole reply okay?
What is the concensus here? Is it okay to rely on the number of quote indicators, or must the reply be amended by for example, deleting the attribution line at the top?

Add pictures here
✖
mm wrote:

The number of > signs is not always a reliable indicator, especially if one or more people in the chain use Google or other non-standard posting programs. (I learned about Google the hard way- I have to use Google Groups when visiting relatives, since none of them are into Usenet, and it is bad manners to reconfig somebody else's computer.) Plus, of course, if anyone upthread has done snips without flagging them, it gets more confusing. If you snip somebody's entire post out of a thread, yes, you should also delete their name, IMHO. I usually try to swim upthread and find a post that contains the fewest authors as possible, as close to the part I am replying to as possible. If it is a long involved thread and I am replying to multiple people, I may post a flag at the top, and reply in-line, marking my words with something other than a >. But some people get all hissy at that, so I have been doing it less and less, and posting multiple seperate replies instead.
I TRY to be careful about attributions and clipping, but even I screw up once in a while, and I have been online over twenty years now.
--
aem sends...

Add pictures here
✖

Thanks for the reply.
In this case, I quoted the whole post, including the one line from the previous poster.

Add pictures here
✖

You need to learn how to reply to a post correctly, period.
Add pictures here
✖

So are you going to tell me what you think is correct, or just complain?
And there were no missing ">" signs. It was clear to anyone who paid attention.

Add pictures here
✖

Well, I thought you complained the first time too, but it was only this time. So I withdrawn the complaint about your complaining, since you only did once, but it still wasn't helpful.
Add pictures here
✖

I use GG 90% of the time and never have a problem.
The problem is with other newsreaders - Outlook Express for one - that don't add the ">"
But that wasn't the problem in this case.
Add pictures here
✖