Need help on repair built-in microwave

Hi all,
My 5-year old GE built-in microwave/oven stops working suddenly. It is a combo unit with the microwave on the upper half and the oven on the lower half. The oven still works but the microwave unit display went blank like it does not get any power. My guess is the microwave fuse blew. I checked the part diagram for this model (JKP69WW2WW) and it does have a fuse inside. Since it is an inwall built-in unit, how do I access and replace the fuse ? Do I need to pull the whole unit out ?
Any comments are greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Edward
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

You need to know why it blew the internal fuse, if indeed that's what happened.
Just a thought: You *do* realize that the "bottom" half is likely 240VAC, and that the Microwave is likely 120V? The uWave could be hardwired into a box, but it could just be plugged into an outlet behind the unit. In either case, make sure you don't have a tripped 120V breaker on the uW circuit. (Same bottom line still applies, you'll need to investigate why it blew the breaker...)
--
Ha'i D-suhlami
filling in for I-zheet M'drurz
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.