Need help on GE stovetop.

Hi folks. I have a 7 years old GE gas range stove, model # JGBP32GEL3WH. Last month the spark module start to act strange. In the middle of cooking (I am only using one burner), all 4 spark module start to spark. I turn off the burner I am using and move it to another one. The spark stop. I call an appliance repair shop and they send someone over. He told me it is because the spark module is rusted and wet, he rub something on the spark module and tell me it is fixed. However, 2 weeks later, same problem. Call the repair shop back and can't reproduce the problem while he was there. He told me it is ok and if the spark happen again, just ignore it. Now it is getting worst and the warranty period from that repair shop is over. Now, the spark module will come on even none of the burner is being used. If I use any of the burner, the spark module will spark for at least an hour before it will stop. Can someone please tell me what's wrong with my stove? I want to know more before I spend $50 for a service call and get someone who don't know what they are talking about.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
A bad/wet/cracked switch under the knobs can do this, a bad spark module itself can do this, power/polarity problems can also do this ( can be good for months/years before showing up ), mice chewed at the wires may also do this, cracked or dirty electrodes ( where the spark occurs ) may also do this. The acual cause would have to be investigated.
http://www.applianceaid.com/gas.html#clicking My surface burners keep "clicking" even after the burner is light.
If he "IDed" the spark module as being at fault, repalcing it would have been a good idea. If you are not confident with this firm try a different one.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N$4959 Spark ignition module.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N$4994 Spark ignition switch
Hi Jeff. Thanks for the information. It really help me to understand how the whole things work. I now feel confident enough to schedule an appointment with a different service company. It is just in time because the "clicking" is on and off all last night with the burner not on. Thanks again.
jeff wrote:

Hi,
Please let us know how that goes :)
Hi, Jeff. The service person drop by today. He turn on and off the burner, the sparkler click even the burner is off (thank goodness because he said ".. if it doesn't act up", there is nothing he can do). He then unplug the power and plug it back in. Turn on and off the burner again and declare he know what the problem is. It is the spark module. He didn't check the electrode or the ignition switch as you have outlined in your solution. When inquire how he know it is the bad spark module, he said he just know. In any case, he will be back in 7-10 days with a replacement spark module. I hope that will solve the problem. Will let you know what happen when he return.

Great!! :)
jeff.
[snip]

Typical GE service. That is why I refuse to buy any more of their products. They should be Fed-Exing parts the next day IMHO. With their size and service network in place there is simply no good excuse in making customers wait that long!
Say what you want about Sears but I have always had excellent service from them regarding appliance and lawnmower repairs.
Regards,
Harry