Need Help Modernizing Bathroom Basement...

I have a full bathroom in my basement where I'd like to install an exhaust fan. It's basically a toilet, sink and shower with no stall. Also, it's unfinished -- just painted masonry and a wooden door. It's about a 5 x 7 foot space. Also it has the original 1950's ceiling tiles (some sort of acoustical fiber board, stapled to the joists -- they have a pattern of holes).

Can the fan vent through the window or does it need a dedicated exhaust? Also, should the ceiling go? I'm not sure what the material is or if it's humidity proof (I'm guessing not). Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

-jk

Reply to
contrapositive