Need help impressioning barrel key cabinet lock

I have a cupboard my in-laws brought back from France in the 60's (the piece may actually have been made in Germany, but no one knows for sure). Of course, the key to the drop-down shelf was lost during a move, and, although I have purchased about a hundred old barrel keys, I've been unable to get the lock open.

Some keys move an internal lever 1/4 turn, but then is interrupted before completing the last 1/4 turn.

I need some good instructions for impressioning a key for this lock. I received a number of blanks among the keys I bought, so I have something to work with. I have read a number of articles on how to do this for regular pin locks, but have been unable to find anything on barrel-keyed furniture locks.

TIA for your help.

Regards, Allan.

Reply to
Allan

STOP!!!!

Do NOT ATTEMPT THIS YOURSELF!!!!

This type of work requires the skills of a trained locksmith and seeing as you do not know the magic incantation to make this work you will only cause more harm than good.

Why do you expect locksmiths to reveal their *secrets* to you? Do you think Doug Henning will tell you how he makes things disappear? have you ever smoked a blank?

That being said, you might want to ask over in rec.woodworking because the true crafts-people that hang out there are a hell of a lot friendlier than the nasty sourball locksmiths over in alt.locksmithing.

Of course cabinet making and woodworking isn't a dying skill/art like locksmithing is.

Good luck!

Reply to
doosey

Ya know, doosey, (good name BTW)

I've tried extending an olive branch to you (in another thread). I asked you a sincere question, but you are too busy with your incessant whining and statements that are completely untrue, to take the time to answer it

I've given you more time than many others here. I'm done and am now plonking you like the troll that you are. Grow up and have a nice life.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS

On the other hand, Why O Why! do you feel it is necessary to cross-post your uninteresting and offtopic plonk announcement to groups that couldn't care less about your petty grievances when it is very clear which group the OP is posting from?

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

just maybe he was trying to locate him because he is not from his group. also, why are you doing the same thing ? try taking you own advice ...

Reply to
'Key