need help finding replacement door bottom

I have two different door bottoms that need replacing; Home Depot and Lowes do not carry the type I need. But I'm having a difficult time finding the correct door bottoms. Both doors are standard, approximately 35 25/32" X 1 9/16".

Here is a photo of the first one:

and the second one:
Thank you for any help you can provide!!!

Reply to
courtneyburge

Do they have to be exact matches? Seems to me that some adhesive caulk would open up some more options for you.

Check this out:

which was found amongst a number of options at:

which was found as the first hit from a Google search of:

door bottom weather stripping

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Found a name plate on the hinge edge of one door and was able to order an exact replacement on line.

Reply to
Pointer

If you can't make do with any of the standard replacements that HD and Lowes carry, then the original manufacturer is your best bet.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Any door markings have been painted over.

If I knew who manufactured the door(s), I'd be set!

Reply to
courtneyburge

Well, if you can't see any markings on the hinge side of the door then it is NOT a rated door and wouldn't have any info on it... You would be looking for a raised metal tag nailed to the door if it is wood or riveted if it is metal...

Home Depot and Lowe's don't sell EVERY item in the home repair universe... You should seek out experts in door and window installation to answer this one, you should be able to find one or two in your area listed in the phone book...

Failing that, you would want to look for a commercial construction company that deal with installing storefront systems, as they know where the supply houses are that sell all sorts of various gaskets and such that Home Depot has never even heard of and certainly will never sell...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

Last one I bought was at a door and window place. I told them what I wanted and they cut one off a long piece of stock.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Stuff like that, I always had the best luck carrying the old one in, and asking if they have one like it, only not worn out. For a door sweep. an old towel and some duct tape, and locking that door, is probably indicated till you can get the new one installed.

Reply to
aemeijers

Here are the names of the major manufacturers of these things: NGP Pemko Hager Reese Zero

Here is the door bottom page for NGP:

DanG