Need fuel line for chain saw.

I have a small chain saw that won't start. It is a Poulan model 2075 and the fuel line has deteriorated to the point that the filter fell off inside the gas tank.

My assumption is that flakes from the deteriorating line have got into the carb and this is what is stopping it from cranking.

When I look at the online, .pdf manual they don't seem to list fuel lines as an item that I can purchase from Poulan so, what I'm wondering is, where would this type of fuel line be available?

It is some kind of plastic and measures about 3.5mm ( .136" ) on the outside diameter.

Your help will be appreciated.

Reply to
limeylew

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: ...

... Any small engine repair shop.

--

Reply to
dpb

Measure the ID of the line or the OD of the spigot that it goes on and go to NAPA, O'Reilly's, Autozone, any good auto parts place and buy a foot of what you need. (The OD may be swelled up enough to be a poor measure of the right size.) Or, if you're on good terms with the folks that service your car, they may even give you a freebie from the stock that they keep for fixing the myriad emission hoses and lines on cars. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

It is a separate part. I bought a replacement at a local Garden center repair shop for not a lot of money. Mine was a 20 year Poulan also. Saw is 30 now and still works fine. All you will need is the model number when you go to the center.

The repair was not all that difficult.

Reply to
Colbyt

As much as I dislike the big box stores, I actually found one @ Lowes.

Reply to
Mark

Bought some yesterday at my local Checker Auto. They have a small section to do with lawnmowers, trimmers, and chain saws. 2' of 1/8" fuel line was just over $2.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Another vote for this answer. My mower shop has 4 different sizes of little fuel line pretty cheap by the foot. (less than a buck) I just bought several feet of all of them. I have several small engine things and I am sure they all use different sizes because that is the way it seems to work.. I always seem to be able to come up with the right hose now. ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

I just replace the fuel line on my 10 year old Poulan. It too became brittle and the filter weight fell off. With the line just flopping around, it would stall every time it popped out of the gas. What you really need to do is cut off a piece of the existing line and bring it to a mower shop. Both the ID and OD are important as it has to be forced through a hole in the body of the saw and into the tank. It was a bitch threading it through this tight hole and I mangled the beginning of the line until I was able to grab it from inside the tank and pull it, so I would get a couple of extra inches

Reply to
RBM

Ayup...the autoparts places generally don't tend to have the really miniature guys the small engines use. Like you, have at least three different sizes I know...

--

Reply to
dpb

Ayes. As one can never have too many tools, fishing rods, or guns, one can never have too many supplies that saves one a trip to the supplier. You need a couple or inches of fuel line? Buy a couple of feet, and stock it and you won't be running hither and thither when you need something.

Also, don't throw stuff away. When I do, I need it within 72 hours. Even if I have been keeping it for ten years.

I swear.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I got this DVD where this woman is holding a gun to another woman's head. A man goes to save the woman so he goes to his car and opens his trunk and all he can see is a chainsaw so he takes that and starts it up and walks up to the woman holding the gun and saws off her arm and you see the arm fall to the ground with the gat still in the hand and she turns around and starts running and the man catches up with her and he saws off half of her left leg and she starts to fall down and he starts sawing her pussy and all the way up her stomach and chest up her head and while he's doing that she's screaming and then she screamed "i take it all back pete rose belongs in the hall of fame."

Reply to
Curtis Brown

Learn about periods and how to lick them off the private parts of your father.

Reply to
Bill Palmer

Reply to
Jimi

Even Home Depot has some kits for some brands. I seem to recall it came with a new primer bulb.

Reply to
Ulysses

True, but while you are at it, you might consider replacing the primer bulb (also available at small engine shop / lawnmower repair shop) and the lines that go with it. But be aware, this is one of those jobs that sounds simple and easy, but can be quite hard to do.

Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob-tx

Thanks, you guys are the best here.

We have a new O'Reilly's in our town and they had the line for $1.00/ foot.

Great deal.

Lewis.

*****
Reply to