Need fast drying grout for bathroom tiles in shower/tub area

I have to replace some dirty and moldy grout between the tiles above the bathtub. But the grout I saw sold at the hardware store said that it has to stay dry for 36 hours. That would be impossible, unless I moved to a hotel for two days. I take two showers a day, and that's the only bathroom I have in my home.
Can you recommend some really fast-drying or quick-drying grout compound? It would just be for this small repair--maybe two square feet of tile that needs to be regrouted.
-- Steven L.

splash around in the sink for 36 hours.
Steven L. wrote:

1. Take bath instead of shower. 2. Cover grout with a spare shower curtain.
On 11/21/2010 7:25 PM, Steven L. wrote:

I second the sink bath idea. It's just a couple days.. jeeeezzeee.....
--
Steve Barker

I can't believe you're prescribing medical advice. Are you a doctor? If someone didn't take a shower for 36 hours they'd die. It's a well known fact. If the OP goes just 24 hours without a shower he could be maimed for life...or a bit grungy, but either way it's very bad.
I'd buy a back-up house and sell it after the grout dried. R
On 11/22/2010 1:29 PM, RicodJour wrote:

Backup house. I can't believe i didn't think of that. You're a wizard, R.
--
Steve Barker
On 11/23/2010 11:40 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

location is too expensive. Most COOP plans rely on commercial or agency shared sites and redundancy. So a relative with a spare room, or a hotel, are called for.
--
aem sends...

Go down to the local truck stop.

You may have a health problem or an obsession that needs professional help. Make an appointment soon.
If you had ever had military service you would have learned that skipping a shower or two is not at all life threatening. Just suck it up, exude all the pheromones you can and grout the necessary seams. Its the manly thing to do.
Joe

You saw the other replies. Ditto.
Dry off in the shower. I mean wtf are ya doing in there filling buckets and tossing them around?!

Yeah, its called stop being stupid and either wash yourself with and washcloth at your kitchen sink or see if you can sleep on a friend or loved one's couch for 36 hours to do your repair properly...
How on earth do you think immobile patients in a hospital are kept clean ? Washcloths and a basin... It seems you have very little imagination and require normal facilities available to you in order to function...
I guess you have never been caught in a snowstorm at your office and had to camp out for a day or two until the roads were opened and you could return home...
Keeping a go-bag of "roughing it" supplies with you if you are in an area which can experience wild weather helps out quite a bit... Besides you never know when you will need to go somewhere fancy after work from time to time and having a bag with a shaving kit, washcloth and some soap in it available to you could save you the time of having to go home, shower and change into something else...
~~ Evan

garden hose in basement over floor drain, put plastic sheet around area for added comfort.
showering in a big open room is COLD:(

I work out on an elliptical trainer every day, and I do get pretty ripe.
-- Steven L.
On 11/30/2010 2:32 PM, Steven L. wrote:

and a washcloth. Not like you are turning the house water, or the water heater off, after all. It takes a little longer, so you have to get up a little earlier, but for the 2-3 days involved, not a big deal for most people.
Of course, if a SWMBO is involved, they may wanna go visit mother for a few days.
And if you are remodeling the bathroom, I really think you can skip the elliptical for a few days with no risk to your training routine. Wiping that grout and a fast walk around the block should add up to about the same.
--
aem sends...