Need correct name of connector

I'm trying to replace the defrost heater in a Whirlpool fridge/freezer. The calrod heater delivered yesterday has no connectors on the wire leads, and I don't know where to get them or what to call them.
Description -- These crimp-on connectors are similar to the familiar spade connectors, but the ends are rounded, bullet-like, to the same diameter as the wire. They plug into the rear wall of the freezer above the freezer coils. Couldn't be simpler, but I never saw them before.
It always helps to know the exact name of what you're looking for, either on the phone or on Google, so would someone tell me what they're called?
Thanks, JPM

I have used connectors that are, in fact, called "bullet" connectors on my older cars. I don't know if that's exactly what you're looking at or not, but this is what I've run into:
http://www.crowbarelectricalparts.com/Bullets.htm
They're all over the place on my '55 Stude...
nate

fridge/freezer.
above
they're
I have used connectors that are, in fact, called "bullet" connectors on my older cars. I don't know if that's exactly what you're looking at or not, but this is what I've run into:
http://www.crowbarelectricalparts.com/Bullets.htm
They're all over the place on my '55 Stude...
nate
That's the connector, nate. Thanks for your help & the link.
DemoDisk wrote:

Hows about just clipping the connectors off the old heater's wires and splicing them onto the new heaters leads.
Soldered joints with shrink tubing over them should work fine, but maybe just inline crimp connectors would handle it.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

fridge/freezer.
above
before.
they're
maybe
Thanks, Jeff. Good idea about the inline crimp connectors. I think I may even have some.
On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:11:15 -0500, "DemoDisk"

Howdy,
I would take a photo, and head over to a place that sells that sort of stuff.
All the best,
--
Kenneth

Kenneth wrote:

Perhaps cut the wires on the old heater and splice them to new heater and thus reuse the connectors.

Both Lowes and Home Depot carry those connectors. Just saw them yesterday, but they didn't have what I wanted, a 90* spade lug. Mike
amdx wrote:

You named it. "Bullet" connector.
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/635/1446.pdf

You may have real problems getting good connections. If the heater leads are copper, you're in luck, but often calrod heater leads are stainless steel and connectors must be welded on, or spot welded. Reusing the old connectors then will be tricky, but a work-around is possible with silver solder if you're desperate. A machinist would make bullet connectors from stainless rod, drill a wire sized hole in the part and swage the new wires into the connector. Good luck.
Joe

fridge/freezer.
above
they're
[...]

Whew! I hope it isn't as complicated as all that! Spending $500+ on a whole new fridge sounds easier and safer. The connector is crimped onto the lead, whatever its made of.
Oddly, I solved the problem twice -- almost. Someone offered a link to RShacks website, and there was the connector. But it's not in the store. Hmm.
Advance Auto had some... $8.00 for 10 of them. Got home and Woops! there are only 6 in the package. Back to AAuto in the morning. I hate getting cheated. :(
Thanks, everyone, for your help! JPM