Need Ceramic Tile towl rack Bar

This is Turtle.
I have a ceramic tile rack made into the ceramic tile of the wall in the bathroom but the plastic bar is missing. the plactic bar / square tubing is 24 inches long and 13/16" o.d. square plastic tubing. it just has to be popped into it. I have been saying i would come across some plastic tubing to put in it for the last 20+ years everysince i bought this house and have had it and i'm going to have to get some now. i have googled it and search it on MSN to death and got nothing. i found all kinds of steel square tubing to fit it but no plastic to go in there. if i could just get some 3/4" square plastic tubing and cut it to fit. The only other choice I have is PVC pipe to fit it. i think that would be tackey there.
a website , Store, or somewhere i can get this stuff.
TURTLE
TURTLE wrote:

i probalby alot of others have the same problem.. the ceramic knobs on the wall where the towel rack used to be... its been about 20 yrs. since the nephew tried to swing from it and pulled it out in two pieces.. i looked high and low for it, and cant find any either.. i guess if you had a tile place in your location you can call them up and see if they have any... the only problem is you have to bust up one of the knobs and put the plastic rod in and then go back and put the knob back with some ceramic grout????? i was thinking that if i ever find one i'm gonna take and heat the plastic rod up with the heat gun and let it bend some and then place it there and straighten it out and let it cool.... oh, if you find any pleas post here so i can get one also.....

is
tubing
have
search
tubing
PVC
This is Turtle.
I have two type items to use on it that is easy to get but they just don't look like the others in the other bathroom.
1) 1/2" square steel tubing from the hardware store and paint the ends where they go into the sockets and just heat it up to bend enough to snape it in and heat up to straighten it back up. The 1/2" steel tubing has a 13/16" O.D. . Then pain the middle afterwards. You will have to buff it and prime it and then paint it. it's a pain in the ass.
2) Get you a 3/4" dow pin and sook it in water over nite and it will bend to snap it in place. You will have to paint it afterwards but have the end painted already.
3) I have a design ideal on it like a towlet paper holder rod. It's spring loaded to pop out and go in it. i may have to go into the Design & manufactoring business to get one but what the hell i might make some money doing it. You know it would not be hard to design one but getting mass production would be a horse of a different color. If i make one i will make 2 and send you one.
4) Find the turkey who invented this junk and beat the hell out of him while I call my ceramic tile man to replace it.
I'm going to find this 3/4'' or so plastic tubing to go in it or design a pop out rod to fit it for i am very head strong about getting what i want. Somebody must make something like it somewhere. I'll let you know when i find one or design one.
TURTLE

is
have
tubing
PVC
check with your local glass company. that is where I have purchased the square plastic towel bars.

tubing
search
This is Turtle.
You know i have seen some clear glass type rods in motels before and they might just come from a Glass company. They have a glass company here in town and I'll check them out before ordering Marks website rods.
Thank you there.
TURTLE
http://plumbing.aubuchonhardware.com/bathroom_fixtures/towel_bars/24_replacement_towel_bar-405965.asp

is
have
tubing
PVC
That's sorta expensive, with shipping. I found a chromed one with springloaded tips for less than that, but if you can't find it elsewhere, it'll do.
What gets me is that nothing, even handicap grab bars, are made the same lengths as the stud spacings.

http://plumbing.aubuchonhardware.com/bathroom_fixtures/towel_bars/24_replace ment_towel_bar-405965.asp

That's true, and frustrating, if they have to be mounted horizontally. But actually I've found them more helpful if they are mounted at an angle, or in certain cases vertically. Stud spacing isn't a problem then. Try pulling yourself out of a tub with a horizontal bar. It's much easier if the bar is closer to a right angle with your arm.

http://plumbing.aubuchonhardware.com/bathroom_fixtures/towel_bars/24_replacement_towel_bar-405965.asp
This is Turtle.
Well Thank You Thank You like Gomer Pile may say.
This sounds funny but have been looking every year or so for the last 20 years to see something to fit it and here you put it up like nothing to do in front of me. I'm going to order 2 of them just in case they stop making them.
Thank you again.
TURTLE

Wow! It's good to know there *are* such things. I have painted wood bars in ceramic tile knobs, and have wondered what I'd do of one ever broke. Or got termites. I suppose the bars must have been installed when the bathroom was built -- there's certainly no 'give' to pop one in or out. What *were* they thinking?
wrote

the
ement_towel_bar-405965.asp
This is turtle.
The Secret here and don't tell anybody. The job went to the lowest bidder ! If they put a easy pop out rod in there you would just change it yourself. Now that it is hard to replace without these expanding rods you would have to call the ceramic man back for a mear $200.00 to replace the rod. It was thinking a head but it was messed up by this expanding rod company. i know for a fact that about 20 years ago when I bought my house that I talk to a ceramic dealer about the rod being gone and he told me as of right now there is no expanding rod replaces for because all the companys at the time was selling ceramic tile also sold most all the rods to go in them. i knew this fellow pretty well and he was straight shooting on this for I check a bunch of companys on getting something to replace it with but none had any expanding rods to pop in there. You had to pull one end of the rack holder off and put rod in and replace the holding end. I guess one of the boys broke the pack and started making the replacement pop in rods some time in the last 20 years. 20 years ago it was only $35.00 to replace the rod by the ceramic company and now it is $212.00. That pop out replacement rod sure sounds cheap at about $11.00 total cost.
TURTLE
When we moved here, there were towel rings without the rings, mounted on the ceramic tile. I was able to find cheap ones at Dollar General and just use the rings - or rather, put them up.I dare anyone to use them...flimsy.
You might find a cheap one at a store like that - and carefully work it in place. Don't guarantee that it will do anything but "look" okay. You've found something else to actually hang towels on anyway.
Dorothy

the
use the

in
found
This is Turtle.
I've got this thing about not being Mickey Mouse and if it will not hold a towel like it is suppose to. i just will not have it or just do without it. i did find some at the dollar store to fit it but I would have to cut and bend them into place and that would weaken them to hang a towel from them. Mark sent me a website to order the White expaniable rods to fit it for about $11.89 including shipping and handling. I'll have to spring with the big buck to get it right.
TURTLE
DO you have a Tapp Plastics store in your area? They do custom stuff. If not, some other place that does store display racks to hold brochures & things like that.