Need cement for fastening screw into concerte

Hi I need to attach a metal bracket to a concrete wall, Ive drilled holes for the screws, but I dont want to depend on screw tread alone, I'd like to fill the hole with some type of cement then put the screw in. Don't know what type is best. Any suggestions?? Thanks

Although I don't know why you don't trust a good concrete screw, my advice would be and epoxy resin, not concrete. Lou
On 5/18/2008 5:29 PM Lou spake thus:

Yes; after all, that's how structural anchor bolts are secured to concrete footings and such.
Wouldn't a good Hilti anchor or equivalent work just fine without any goop at all?
conversation with the average voter.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Just make sure you use the correct epoxy...
http://tinyurl.com/4ybkkg
Jeff (Ducking...)
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
On May 19, 5:07 am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

What kind of anchors came with the railing? Lou
David Nebenzahl posted for all of us...

AND he probably wobbled the drill so the holes are oversized...
--
Tekkie GRIP = Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Since you have drilled the holes already..look up TAPCON screws or Red Head Wedge Anchors. Used both..neither will budge If you INSIST on glue, use concrete epoxy

I'm assuming you didn't look at Tap-Con or Pro-Con screws.
The instructions for these screws tell you the correct sized masonry bit to use based on the size of the screw you choose. No "cement" or adhesive needed.
If you've already drilled a hole based on you're own judgement, then I'd suggest a good quality 2 part epoxy (not 5-minute epoxy) with the proper filler added to thicken it up.
_ wrote:

Lead anchor.
For most uses you don't need any cement. You should use a system designed for the application in question. Don't expect ordinary screws to work, get screw/anchors designed for the material and weight you will need.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
_ wrote:

Hi, Anchor bolt no good there?

Get some of those anchors that you beat into the concrete with a hammer. I don't know what they're called, but they have a lead body split in half, and a nail sticking out of the top. You slide it into the hole and beat the nail down. This spreads the lead body and anchors it firmly into the concrete.
Like the others though, I see no reason to not trust TapCons or similar concrete screws.

Rawl calls them Zamac Nail-Ins. Their holding strength is incredible when they're used correctly, but the OP says he already has the holes drilled.
For that, you can go with a lag shield.
but they have a lead body