Need Burner for Admiral Electric Range

I have an old, pre-1987 Admiral all-electric cooking range/oven. One of the 2 larger burners on this 4-burner model need replacement. I checked the model plate on the oven side door and it clearly says: ADMIRAL Model 654WF-CVW, Serial No. 15C602190244. I went to the

website which has a parts lookup function. It does not recognize the model number although I am sure it is correct because I copied it myself from the nameplate. Then I wrote an e-mail and they didn't recognize it either, and they told me to call Maytag at

800-688-9920 and I was put on hold for 30 minutes and nobody ever came to the phone, so I hung up.

I don't really know what the big deal is. This burner is just your ordinary, plain looking circular coil burner with 2 prongs that you insert into a socket underneath the range top. I believe its 8 inches in diameter but I don't have it with me, but it is the larger burner on the front right side of a 4-burner Admiral range.

Can anyone help me locate a replacement burner, perhaps from another model that has the same diameter burner? Thanks a lot.

Reply to
franzen_torres

Any particular reason why you have to buy this online ?

Just about every town has a hardware store or appliance repair who will probably have these in stock new, and used, and can make sure by comparing to your old one.

None of the stove makers actually make their own burners, unless you have one of those solid glass/ceramic top units they just use generic coils and might put their name on the plate at the center.

there are slightly different wattages, (regular, fast speed, simmer) but these are always interchangeable.

AMUN

Reply to
Amun