Need Boiler Reco

Could someone kindly recommend a good boiler for a residence? (Hot water baseboard.) Looking for high reliability, and willing to sacrifice some efficiency for greater reliability, if that makes sense. Help very much appreciated. Thanks. Frank

Reply to
frank1492

"frank1492" wrote

As with ANY installation, the brand is only as good as the installer. Get 3 different contractors to give you a QUOTE (not an estimate) and go from there. Ask your friends and neighbors who they would use OR what brand THEY have and whether or not they are happy with it.

I could name some brands that I have installed:

Weil McLain Burnham Columbia Trianco Buderus Vaillant

If it were my house: If I had the money - Buderus. If I wanted a real workhorse - Weil McLain.

Again, those are just the ones that I have installed and it's not fair to the other brands. YMMV

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Weil McClain

Best I ever had, so far.

Baseboard Heat.

Beach House aprox. 80-90 years old.

Very little Maintenance, so far.

Boiler in place over 10 years.

Newer ones may be better, but the one I have, I am satisfied with.

Sam

Reply to
Saml

Oil or gas ?

Reply to
Steven Fleckenstein

Good point! I neglected to mention- gas!

Reply to
frank1492