Need B&S Engine repair info

Sears Rotorspader..Rotor Tiller, 5 hp. Briggs & Stratton horizontal engine. The sprag clutch is broken, that engages the crankshaft, to start the engine with the recoil rope. Is that clutch pressed on or is it threaded? I have to remove it and replce. Garden needs tilled, and I cant start it!. Andy

Reply to
Andy & Carol

Hmmn, if you buy the new part first, should be clear how the old one is held on...

The sears web site parts section has exploded diagrams for most of this stuff, but that might not be good enough to tell how it's held on.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Franklin

Thank you Randd01, It looked like it was threaded, but it is tight..I let it soak with Liquid wrench overnight. Try it today..Thanks ,Andy

Reply to
Andy & Carol