Need an engine for lawn tractor

Hi, I'm looking for a rpleacement engine for my lawn tractor. The old engine was a B&S 15.5 hp I/C 2318.
This tractor has been relegated to use just for plowing snow in the winter so I'd like t find a good used engine to put on it.
I'm having a rather unbelievably hard time finding anything on the net. Where should I be looking?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Murph

I purchased an exact B&S engine for a rototiller from Northerntools. WW

Northern Tool has a good selection
http://www.northerntool.com
GO to the B&S site to get your model number etc:
http://www.briggsandstratton.com
rred snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I am going to guess you are not going to find a USED engine for this beast. The cost difference between new and used and the supply and demand issues are against you. These engines just burn out too easy and most owners who may find that they have a good engine and a defective device are just not going to go to the trouble to find a buyer to recycle the engine.
You might try contacting local shops that repair garden tractors.
You should not have a problem finding a new engine however.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Good advise. And if he starts looking at new engines, he should be prepared for major sticker shock. Best I prices I found were Tecumseh.
dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=briggs+%26+Stratton++15.5+hp&btnG=Search+Froogle
Starting at $439....
--