Need an advice 'Basement problem'

I did new basement in my new 3 floors building, walls are white bricks,

i take my provisions to stop any water penetration from out side using painting with anti-water paint then i coverd it with naylon sheets. I furnitured the whole basement, coverd the tiles with carpets, and put beds and salon and many things, i LIVED IN IT FOR 1 MONTH.

Any how, due to some cercumestances, i didn't complete the floor surounding the building i kept it not covered by cement or tiles during

all last winter (not paved). So water penetrated inside, i did dried and ventilated the basement but atmosphere inside still humide. I paved all the building surounding with cement to stop any water existance in those places around the building.

Whats the main problem i faced, there is strange creatures like fiber with green color whicg we oftenly see in still water places growing in many places. I dried and cleaned as much as i could, but maybe due to the humide walls (not dry enough) i still seeing growing of the green fibers, it currupted many things there like picture frams, cloths etc.

Now i dont know how c'd i solve this problem and stop this creature, ist there any liquides or sprays which can help.

Waiting for scintific solution for my problem Thanks all

Reply to
masbuss2000

This one is not rocket science.

" my provisions to stop any water penetration from out side using painting with anti-water paint" That is your problem. You can't fix a water problem from the inside. You have to fix it from the outside. No matter what the manufacturer of that paint says, it is only good at changing the color of the block, not stopping moisture. You need to prevent the water from coming in first. Then work on the interior to address the current mold issues.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Fixing water comming in from the outside is best but not something you can do today. Today you should get a dehumidifier and keep humidity below 50%, even with leaks fixed many basements need dehumidifiers anyway. Use laundry bleach to kill the mold, or what you see growing, you can spray it or mop it on, for a large basement wall a garden sprayer is handy and easy to do. You dont need to dilute it since Laundry bleach is apx 97% water anyway but diluting 50% will make it go farther. After the mold is dead wash with soap and water. Until you get and keep humidity low mold will continue to grow.

Reply to
m Ransley