Need Advice re Fein MultiMaster

Hello --
I want to buy my husband a Fein MultiMaster. I'm not sure which to get -- the FMM-250 or the MSXE-636. Is there a big difference? Which one has the most comprehensive starter kit? I don't care about the price, mainly I want the best starter package. I want him to be able to use it right away without having to get more attachments or whatever. He mostly does projects around the house, repairs, remodeling, etc., some (but not as much) woodworking or crafts.
Thanks cara1158

I'm not familiar with the msze-636, but the FMM-250 comes in several kits, start, select, top and top-plus (or something like that)
The top plus includes a fein shop vac, which is very nice, but very pricey.
The top kit includes enough accessories to be very useful out of the box for a wide variety of applications. If he's any kind of tool hound, he'll be very happy with it.
(If I give you my wife's email address, will you send her some suggestions; I like your ideas :-) )
HTH,
Paul F.

Looks to me like a high priced Dremel, more of a craft tool than serious home repair or remodel. I'd bet he'd get more use out of a air compressor/ nail gun kit at the same price. Or a SawzAll. My nickel's worth...
Joe
-snip-

I thought it was just me. I've been a serious handyman for 35yrs or so, and I thought the Fein series looked like another gimmicky tool that goes in a drawer, and one by one you buy the tool that does each individual job better.
I bought my first compressor last summer. . . . and have proved the oft repeated phrase of 'once you have one you'll wonder how you ever lived without it'. In 5 months I've nailed, painted, sandblasted, ground, cut, cleaned or inflated with it at least a couple times a week.
With the money you're spending on that Fein set you could get nice air setup.[I bought a cheap $100 Harbor Freight compressor, and though it does most jobs well enough, I'm looking at a 'real' compressor in the future.]
OTOH- if he asked for the Fein, he probably has some ideas for it- so get him the one he wants.<g>
Jim

Joe and Jim
He's already got an air compressor and nail gun. Pretty much any tool he wants, he has. I just thought the Fein might be a nice-to-have handy thing.
Thanks to all you guys for your advice. [And Paul, send me your wife's email and your 'wish list' and I'll write to her. ;-) ]
cara1158

Bet he doesn't have an impact driver. If not, have a look at Consumer Reports for ratings on this new kind of tool. They are pricey, but for driving screws for decks, whatever, the fasteners just seem to melt into the wood. They are very compact and amazingly powerful. Useful in places where you can't begin to lug a big old framing nailer or swing a hammer. The lithium ion batteries are fabulous, too. Got mine last summer and use it constantly on an ongoing rehab project. Get any of the 18 V models for best performance, avoid the bargain bin specials. And Merry Christmas to all.
Joe