need advice on new microwave

Page 2 of 2
On 12/14/2013 1:35 AM, Todd wrote:

Wellllllll....I hate to say it, but my Kenmore "assembled" in China, is one I recommend. What initially caught my eye was the one piece, rounded (inside) cabinet, which is a cinch to clean. Model 721- is not over the stove, but the features might be transferrable :o) Mine is about 3 y/o, about $120-130, and I've given two more as gifts. The soften and defrost features are great, and I use them a lot. Sometimes the "soften butter" shoots a hole in a stick of butter, but if I move it during the cycle it turns out great. Defrost works great for meat without cooking/burning edges. I'm not very pleased with appliances these days, but these are great. Doesn't seem to be any household/home repair stuff these days that doesn't come from China. The newer versions of the same model have built-in codes for packaged foods/baking mixes.

I have had a "Sharp" microwave for forty years. Only needed a couple of lamps.