need advice on new microwave

SNIP

Our "Made in Korea" GE Profile/Spacemaker microwave was installed in May,

2003 and has been used half a dozen times/day since then. It's doing great. All I've done is replace the interior bulb once and the bulbs that light the stove top below twice.

Tomisc

Reply to
=

Haven't read the whole thread... but for the record, our counter top

1,200W made in Thailand (build date Aug 09) Sharp R-320H has seen heavy daily use, is easy to clean and regularly leaves smiles on our faces.

We're usually not big 'auto function' fans and/or users... but this one has loads of them that work astoundingly well. Baked Potato, Fresh Vegetable, Frozen Vegetable, 'Frozen Entrees' (ie TV dinners), Ground Meat, Rice and Chicken Breast. additional 'sensor controlled' functions are (leftovers) reheat and Popcorn. All are easy to use, and return outstanding results.

It has a other settings for hot water including soup/s and the like, another for near boiling water, and one for warming rolls... plus a bunch of well thought out built in defrost settings.

We use it's easy to set/use kitchen timer feature sometimes multiple times a day (but you can't use the µwave unless it's stopped/cancelled first.)

The one thing I don't like is the way power levels other than 100% get entered: you first key in the time, then you must hold (or repeatedly press) the power level key until the desired level scrolls down in the display. I much preferred our old Magic Chef method of entering the time, pressing the power level key, then the desired level number key, 0 through 9.

The Sharp can also can be easily programed for mid cycle power level changes & delayed starts... (An example cook on high for 6 minutes, another 6 minutes @ 50%, and a 0% power 'hold time' of 3 minutes... and the item is ready for the table when it beeps.)

Erik

Reply to
Erik