need advice on installing Bamboo flooring

A contractor is giving me a hard time in coming over to install Bamboo flooring in my small kitchen ( 80 sq.ft). Tired of waiting, so I decided to do it myself, though I have no experience, nor tools to speak of for this endeavor. Its not the laminated type...its about a half inch thick, with tongue and groove. I was told that I needed a nail gun or do it by glue. My main concern is the area around the stove and Fridge. Alone I cannot move those appliances, so I would have to make cut outs in certain areas. Can anyone recommend how I can do this with a tool that I most likely one time use.
Anthony wrote:

Harbor Freight Multifunction Miracle Tool: http://www.harborfreight.com/oscillating-multifunction-power-tool-68303.html
I got (another) one last weekend, on sale, for $18.00.
mike wrote:

So, what did YOU use to cut the planks?
On 5/16/2012 3:47 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Took me 4 carbide radial arm saw blades and a handful of jigsaw blades to do 900sq ft. And I ran 'em until they were doing more burning than cutting.
Mistake was to let the boards hang over the opening to the crawl space. Figured I'd just come back and trim 'em. BIG mistake. Wore out two HF multifunction blades in the first inch. Not enough depth clearance for the stroke of a jig saw. Ended up sitting on the dirt with a face mask and respirator using a router to trim the opening. Ruined a router bit too.
Bottom line; cut everything just right before you install it. Aluminum oxide is VERY hard on cutting tools.
On 5/15/2012 7:34 PM, Anthony wrote:

Find a *reputable* flooring store in your area. They'll likely have it installed in 30 days or less. No hassles either!
On Tue, 15 May 2012 16:34:33 -0700 (PDT), Anthony

DO NOT cut out around the applianced. Move them, if it means buying bear for friends, or hiring a mover. If you are capable of installing the flooring you are capable of moving the appliances.
If you have no wood working tools or experience do have the money to buy new flooring and have the flooring you installed ripped out because I don't see this going well.
It may seem like a simple jigsaw puzzle, but the devil is in the details.
First you have to move the appliances. I fyou don't you never be able to move them since now they will have to be lifted up onto the new floor. Next lay out the floor properly. Then remove any existing trim that is getting in the way. Being careful if you need to reuse it. Under cut the door way trim so the new flooring is underneath. Lay the floor right keeping the joints properly staggered. Use the right glue (if the floor can be installed as a glue down floor) or the proper flooring gun with a compressor. If gluing down don't forget the rosin paper or tar paper. Cut the boards at the end of each run. Note you will need a chop saw with a good carbide tipped blade. Use a table saw to rip the last board to width and then finish it with the appropriate shoe molding coping the joints in the corners.
Not trying to be harsh at all but do you have any of these skills?

Thank you Cliff for a very informative advice. No, I do not have those skills you speak of LOL..Fortunately as I was writing this, my contractor called and said he would finally make it this weekend. Phew!!! That's load off my mind. His truck needed a new transmission was the reason for the holdup..would have been nice if he had told me that in the first place...go figure.
Anthony wrote:

Contractors have a book. It contains several hundred complicated, but believable, excuses for not making appointments. The one at the top of the page I saw was "My ex-wife set my truck on fire."
On 5/16/2012 12:25 PM, HeyBub wrote:

How about, my grandmother died.
Frank wrote:

That's probably in the book, along with "My cat was vomiting blood," "There was a bomb threat across the street and the cops locked down the whole block," "I found out my mother had 'SON' tattooed on her biceps," and "One of my ducks got out of the pen and bothered the rabbit near to death!"
On May 15, 9:53pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Is that bear fried or made into a stew?
Agree that he should not be cutting flooring to go around the stove and fridge. And unless he has reasonable skills, probably better to find an installer
On Wed, 16 May 2012 09:20:21 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

Soory - make tha "bear whizz" -- AKA beer.