Need advice on how to deal with a neighbor

Page 2 of 2
In alt.home.repair on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:05:18 GMT snipped-for-privacy@again.spammers (The Enigmatic One) posted:

Why? There's a maximum? Even if there were nothing to gain, I would ask why. But they may live next door to each other for decades. It will benefit both families if they reconcile.

Meirman
If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter.
Auto Lover wrote:

states no as he is pissed and will probably stay pissed.... having a neighbor like you... how can you let your friend continue doing this cleaning job knowing that the stuff is blowing onto the neighbors property... did he or you ever look to see what you or he was doing or did you notice it when the job was finished... a good thing he did not have to get a bull dozer to do any work around your house.... he or you would probably get carried away and knock his house down also... if i was the neighbor i would be pissed also having a neighbor who does not think...... just keep telling them you are sorry and that you insist on hiring a professional clean up person to do the job and pay more attention to what you do around the house.....
just drop it ,and dont loose sleep over it .they may just not want to put you out and feel its not as big a deal as you feel they do. or they are trying to make you feel bad ,and if thats the case they arent worth your time. if they start acting funny around you, get a nasty dog and let it run around your place they will forget all about the dirt on there house,while they focus on the dog.and dont let give you the good neighbor speech,good neighbors dont make you feal uncomfortable about little mistakes.

Auto Lover wrote:

Not gotten into it. You're a fool. In more ways than one.

Did you tell your neighbor what you wrote in your post here? If so, and if your neighbor still does not understand, then I don't see what else you can do. If you haven't, you might try saying to them the things you've said here. If I were that neighbor, your explanation alone would have mollified me.
jemmy ducks wrote:

The owner should have told the friend "no", but hindsight is 20/20 :o)
My two cents.
Write a letter assuming responsibility ONLY for the dirt and dirty windows (you don't want them to make it bigger), state clearly that you are going to hire a professional (not your jerk friend) to do the clean up and at there convenience. Leave it the fuck at that and enjoy your house, don't let them intimidate you to stop doing house chores. In regards to the Dog, remember it's not the Dogs fault so chill about that, let him bark and call the Cops or garner evidence if the Dog is causing you to loose value of your residence.
They are numbnuts and I have one asswipe next door too. The damage is done, it was a mistake, you own responsibility and you want to fix it. Don't get caught into there hang ups.
Life is too short to sweat the little things.
I can only relate to my experience. I have an asswipe next door neighbor (he reads this group BTW). When we first moved in (our first house coupled with watching HGTV) my Wife and I have not stopped working on our property doing improvements. Another neighbour up the street told us that our next door neighbour will not like us for trying to make our property look nicer than his. So maybe the dirt you said was blown over (small you said) is just a red herring, I just don't see any one getting into hypochondriac fit over another neighbor trying to do improvements.
Good luck Sir and as someone already said, good fences makes for good neighbors. ------------------------------ http://iBuyMinis.Us

You've apologized - offered restitution - they either accept it or they don't. Doin't become an "enabler." It's apparent it bothers you and if they can't see that - then pray for a heavy thunderstorm and let nature remove the dirt.
Jim Mc Namara