Need advice on Chlorine Tester

We have a well for water at our new home. Since we had a sulphur smell, a chlorinator was installed. We had the untreated water tested and it is safe with no bacteria so our only purpose in adding chlorine it to get rid of the sulphur smell. We are in the process of trying to find the level of chlorine that eliminates the sulphur but does not add too much chlorine. We bought a cheap pool tester where you add 5 drops of OTO to the sample and compare the color to a color scale to see how many PPM of chlorine is in the water. As we vary the settings on the chlorine pump, the settings seem to always go from too little to too much. I would appreciate any advice about how to handle this.
Be cautious about over chlorination and consider this.
http://nov55.com/hea/hrt.html
You might have better luck with the sulfur odor by just injecting oxygen derived from (technical or food grade) hydrogen peroxide to titrate the H2S. A peristaltic pump such as Stenner makes works well.
Boden