Need advice for setting furnace draft control.

I recently change the location of the calibrated draft control from inside the furnace room to the adjoining unheated garage . This required a horizontal 4 ft. length of 6 inch pipe to join the tee coming from the furnace to which I added the draft control on the garage side. The weight on the draft control was originally put on the side for vertical flues of the control and not on the side that stated for a horizontal flue.

My questions are; Where does the weight go and was the weight originally put on the wrong side. What should the setting be. It was set at 2. Thanks for your ideas and help. Tony.

Reply to
Tony