Need a replacement OTR microwave

I have a GE Spacemaker above the range microwave and it has been simply excellent for about 15 years! However, it has died and I need a replacement unit. It is a model JVM 250 WVC.
The issue is the dimensions - the older one fit perfectly, so I need a new one as close as possible to the original one's dimensions. I have been searching but having a hard time finding one. Maybe I am not savvy enough to use the correct keywords in Google...
It was approximately 29 3/4" wide, 15 1/4" high, and 14" deep.
Does anyone know of a current microwave model (any make) that is above the range and close to those dimensions?
Thanks for your soonest reply as I have no microwave now! Being a single parent and with a kid, that is disasterous! lol.
TIA, BSA
It believe they are pretty much a standard size, except for the vertical dimension, which may or may not be an issue. Trip to your local "big box" store with a tape measure seems in order. BTW, you might consider one with a microwave/convection oven combination. Give you an extra oven for cooking and warming..

You might not know, but I detest OTR microwaves because of safety reasons, plus they inhale exhaust from the oven.
Consider moving it to a countertop or roller cart, and dimensions won't be any problem.
Steve

lol. On the other hand, I love them and have had nothing but great success with them. To each their own. And I got it for the fact that it sucks up oven and stove moisture and odor and vents it outside.
So - if anyone does perhaps deal with micros of this style and knows of one close to those dimensions, any input would be appreciated.
thanks, BSA

lol. On the other hand, I love them and have had nothing but great success with them. To each their own. And I got it for the fact that it sucks up oven and stove moisture and odor and vents it outside.
So - if anyone does perhaps deal with micros of this style and knows of one close to those dimensions, any input would be appreciated.
thanks, BSA
If you have one that ACTUALLY vents to the outside, you got a very good installation. Most are not vented except right back in your face. My safety concerns are for short people, moving hot materials above a hot oven, and weaknesses common to aging people.
BUT, one does have to work with available space, etc.
Steve

I know. They just blow the smoke right back at cha.
Steve

.
Yes - I did the original install on this when my exhaust hood with the fan in it died. I modified the cupboards and the existing vent a bit so it WOULD properly vent outside and suck up all the stuff from the stove. If it did not, then for sure there is little point (for me) to go that route with an OTR model. I'd go counter top in that case too.
I see some folks have posted some links for me to check out, so many thanks for that!
BSA
Yes - I did the original install on this when my exhaust hood with the fan in it died. I modified the cupboards and the existing vent a bit so it WOULD properly vent outside and suck up all the stuff from the stove. If it did not, then for sure there is little point (for me) to go that route with an OTR model. I'd go counter top in that case too.
I would say that more are unvented than vented.
Steve
On Jan 26, 10:24pm, "Stormin Mormon"

that was Over The Reader microwave :)
Cheers

My range hood vents up through the ceiling. We replaced an OTR microwave that blew back in our faces with a real hood. It was pretty easy, given that we've got a ranch house and there is only an unfinished attic above the kitchen. (My husband did his first roof penetration on this project.)
Even vented OTR microwaves are not as good at ventilation as a hood.
Cindy Hamilton
?

Very true, but some of us are willing to compromise as that is the only way we can fit a microwave. There ae also millions of hosues that have no vent at all. so some is better than none.
On 1/26/2011 12:10 PM, BSAKing wrote:

http://www.geappliances.com/appliances/microwave-oven.htm
On 1/26/2011 12:10 PM, BSAKing wrote:

You might check out some Whirlpool models because our Whirlpool is 29 3/4" wide (I think they all are), 15 3/4" tall (which should work for you), and 14 3/4" deep (which should also work).
As far as location goes, I am with you. I would not consider having one sitting on the counter taking up space. Plus, then I would have to put up a range hood/vent anyway. So why not kill two birds with one stone with an above the range model.
Don

Got a GE Profile microwave with the convection oven. Measures 29-3/4 x 15-5/8 x 15 deep. Mixed reviews on it, but we really like ours. Look around for the best price, got a deal @ $349. Prices are all over the place, depending where you look. The local Lowes wanted almost $200 more than we paid at a electronics/appliance store.

For the OP, I used the most recent post to reply, the size is standard. Just about any brand will fit. Many list them as 30" units but that is the nominal width.
The good news is they are a lot cheaper now than they were 15 years ago. You will have to swap out the mounting bracket but it come with the MW.
I bought one at the HD black Friday for $69 that was $10 more than the replacement handle was going to cost. I doubt this one will last 16 years but I may not either.
Colbyt