Need a powerful led flashlight

Page 5 of 5
In wrote:

Just to follow up on my plan to buy one of these. I went to Home Depot, and I almost bought it just to try it out and see how bright it is (sounds like it is mighty bright). But, the thing is so huge I just couldn't see my self lugging it around. I must have spent 15 minutes altogether going back and forth to that flashlight and the flashlight section in HD trying to decide. In the end, I decided not to get it.
On 01/21/2015 12:37 PM, TomR wrote:

Oh yes. It is HUGE! Blinding too.
Couldn't figure out if the included batteries were alkaline or conventional either.
On 1/22/2015 12:24 PM, Todd wrote:

Tell me you're kidding? You can't see the different design, and feel the weight difference?
On 01/22/2015 09:55 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Actually no. I do not have any "D" alkaline to compare it to. (I will wait for these to start fading before replacing them.) And to tell you the truth, I never really paid any attention to the difference. I just look for the words "Alkaline" on the battery's label. And I have also noticed that when batteries are included, they have a tenancy to be the "cheap" ones.
On 1/22/2015 2:03 PM, Todd wrote:

Well, folks have different skills. The cheap cells often say "heavy duty" which is a bit of a stretch.
I've seen alkalines with Mag products. As to HD, who can tell? Oh, also alkalines years ago when I got 3D Garrity flash light.
Todd posted for all of us...

What did you ultimately buy?
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

On 01/21/2015 01:35 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

This one.

On 1/22/2015 12:27 PM, Todd wrote:

The product you are trying to view is not currently available.
On 01/22/2015 09:56 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I wonder if that has anything to do with me? There were three left at my local store. Due to the size and weight, I don't see these being a real popular item.
On 1/22/2015 2:04 PM, Todd wrote:

This look like it? http://findnsave.yourstephenvilletx.com/offer/Defiant-1500-Lumen-LED-Flashlight/48330538/
I got a couple hits, but none were very descriptive.
If you're happy, that's what counts.
On 01/22/2015 01:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yup. The picture does give a false impression of it being smaller. It is a BIG flashlight.

If I am not careful, I will need a new set of batteries soon!

And you couldn't see shit?
On 01/22/2015 08:04 PM, Neill Massello wrote:

Literalist! (Made me laugh!)