Need a powerful led flashlight

Page 4 of 5
On 1/19/2015 3:39 PM, Todd wrote:

I sensed early in this thread, the objective wasn't seeing in a crawl space. It was to justify buying a toy.
On 01/20/2015 07:17 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hmmmmmm. Never had a sewer pipe break under your house have you and you are partly right. My current flash lights would only shine about 10 feet.
On 1/20/2015 5:00 PM, Todd wrote:

The one I mentioned is bright enough to see a racoon in a tree at about 70 feet.
On 01/20/2015 07:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

If it is any consolation, I looked for it at Wally World and could not find it.
On 1/21/2015 1:31 AM, Todd wrote:

Sorry to hear. The couple Walmarts I've been in, had them. But, it's good that you tried. I'd suggest go back and look, but you've got the mega blaster you wanted.
On 1/19/2015 3:39 PM, Todd wrote:

Survived without one for fifty years. I'll be okay.
On 01/20/2015 07:18 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

No, no you won't. It will tear at you mercilessly! :-)
On 01/20/2015 01:58 PM, Todd wrote:

Not to mention the thought of Todd having, how can we say this politely, having a b-i-g-g-e-r flashlight than Stormin'. Think of what the neighbors would say, "Yes Stormin' that is a big flashlight, but is it as big as Todd's? His is LED too."
-T
Just pulling your chain. :-)
On 1/20/2015 4:58 PM, Todd wrote:

Does that explain why I spent 72 hours in the psych ward, after the cops tazed me? The psychiatrist says I was standing in the bank yelling "Flashlight, flashlight" for about half an hour.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/20/2015 07:37 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I hate it when they do that. When they gave your the Rorschach test, did you tell them everything looked like a "Flashlight"?
--
---------------------------------------
Learn about the Jesus of the Christians
On 1/21/2015 2:07 AM, Todd wrote:

But, of course!
Reminds me of a church story I heard some where. Class teacher is describing a mystery some thing. Eats ground nuts, runs up a tree, bushy tail, and some other details. Picks on a kid who's been in her class for a while. What is it? Boy replies "I know the answer is Jesus, but it sure sounds like a squirrel, to me!"
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/21/2015 03:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

:-)
On 01/16/2015 05:03 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hi Stormin',
If all I wanted to do was to look down the crawl space and see it there was water/sewage, the light in the closet would do fine.
What I wanted to do was lay on the floor, poke my head through the hole, and look over the entire expanse of crawlspace.
Just as a note, the ground is slanted slightly to one side, so water/sewage will run away from my heater ducts (almost wrote "ducks"). I want to clearly be able to view that corner.
Oh ya, and "torch" does describe the one I got.
And as far as a hidden agenda, I promised you silence when we first conspired together on this. No one will ever know that it is for the two of us to spot baby seals on the beach so we could ... oh crap, they will forget eventually. :-)
Thank you for all the help on this!
-T
On 1/16/2015 4:32 PM, Todd wrote:

Based on the info you provided, my answer was spot on and correct.
Are you continuing to maintain that it was those drunken eskimos who clubbed the baby seals to death after we went for baseball practice just outside of Anchorage, and you just accidentally got seal blood on your bat?
On 01/16/2015 02:28 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

S***! Stupid bat.
We still on for barbecued baby seal?
TomR posted for all of us...

Are they LED? <g>
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

The original:
http://tinyurl.com/o9eg7lb
Ray-O-Vac usta make these and they rock, specially with a Krytonite bulb in 'em. I had one for yrs and finally lost it. Much later, I noticed Lance Mackey was using one for his winning bid on the '08 Iditarod. His was the only headband that was not LED.
I found a sledding hardware company in MN that had bought the remaining stock of these lights and modified them to fit in a down parka hood. I still have the new one and it still smokes most LED headlights. I bought it new 5 yrs ago. I can no longer find that website.
OTOH, newer LED headlamps may be better. I know a correctional officer and he sez all the COs carry super bright LED flashlights. So bright, in fact, they can blind an inmate in a lighted room. This it will do!
I guess it's how you intend to use it. My old ROV will throw a very long bright beam. Far enough to see the trail beyond the front of the dog pack. My 2 bulb LED headlight is not as bright, but sheds a wider overall "where's my tent" beam. ;)
nb
I wouldinstall some permanent lights in the crawl space, to convenientlylight upthe areaat any time. With the low costs of security cameras OP could put a few down there, and turn on a single switch to light up the area, and power the cameras.
OP could put some water sensors down there for automatic detection ofwater issues
On 01/16/2015 03:43 PM, bob haller wrote:

Hi Bob,
Thought of that. The expense of an infrared PoE camera and accessories sort of shut me down.
After one clean water rupture and one black water rupture, I am not sure about putting 120 VAC wiring down there.
Don't feel like crawling around to change the batteries on water sensors.
But, I keep thinking about all of what you said.
Those black windows are going to have a surprise when I hit them with 1500 lumins! (Chuckle, Chuckle)
-T
On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 7:37:06 PM UTC-5, Todd wrote:

how about some of those malibu outdoor lights, they are 12 volts and should be safe:)
You should be able to get some water sensors that run on 12 volts or powered from above