Need a powerful led flashlight

Page 1 of 5
Hi All,
I need a very powerful LED flashlight. I found this one over on C-Crane:
http://www.ccrane.com/LED-Flashlights/Unity-Plus-LED-Flashlight
Your thoughts?
-T

Since they don't tell you the lumen output, what makes you think it qualifies as "powerful"?
And what constitutes "powerful"? FYI, a 100w incandescent lightbullb emits about 1350 lumens. eBay & Amazon have a bunch...
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 1/9/2015 3:29 PM, dadiOH wrote:

Without lumen output stated, I wouldn't buy it. I prefer flashlights with standard batteries as they cost much less. I would suggest to op to go to Walmarts sporting good section,at least here, for a good selection of LED lights.
On 01/09/2015 12:29 PM, dadiOH wrote:

The 300 feet in the spec and the review that said they used it on their ranch. I also called them and they said it was 150 lumins

I want to open my crawlspace door, stick my head down, and see if there is any water under my house. I also looked at the "LED Lenser F1 Flashlight", but the reviews said the batteries went really fast (2 hrs) and that the 400 lumins was only for a few seconds until the thermal overload circuitry shut it down to far less than 400 lumins.
I am all ears if you know a better LED flashlight.
On 1/9/2015 1:04 PM, Todd wrote:

Friend bought one and loves it. Expired now, but keep a watch.
On 1/9/2015 4:04 PM, Todd wrote:

You can get a 150 lumen light at Walmart for half the price using 2 AA batteries.
On 01/09/2015 03:57 PM, Frank wrote:

150 didn't seem too bright
On 1/9/2015 7:46 PM, Todd wrote:

Plenty bright for your usage.

Yeah, not giving the light output is kind of suspicious IMO.
On 01/09/2015 03:13 PM, CRNG wrote:

150 lumins (I called them)

Why won't a $3 conventional flashlight do the job?
On 01/09/2015 03:13 PM, CRNG wrote:

Prefer LED for the battery life and the rugged bulbs
In

I have 2 flashlights, both not LED, that will each easily do what you want to do. One is a 3 D-battery aluminum regular Mag light (not LED), and the other is a yellow and black rugged plastic 2 D-battery regular flashlight (not LED). Both are sold at Home Depot. Both are rugged. Both have an adjustable lens to change from a wide angle to a narrowly focused beam. For the rugged plastic yellow and black one, I chose the model that has a movable head that can be pointed in different directions beyond just straight ahead. They both work great.

I think he means not giving it on the web page.
In JHS and HS we had a crawlspace that was wet, depending on the season. That is, it went from wet mud to fairly dry mud. It had a trap door in the closet to get to it, and I put on a set of antique-style hinges to uses as fold-down handles. But I only went down there once and didnt' take a single step, and there was mud almost over the tops of my shoes when I got out.
I thought that's the way crawlspaces were supposed to be, and if my mother new better, she wasn't talking. We were there 8 years and after I looked a couple more times that first year, we never looked again.
BTW, we never had any mold, despite the big mud hole under the house.
BUT BACK TO YOUR PROBLEM, I think a trouble light would work well. With, a metal grill in front of the bulb and a metal shield behind it, a rubber handle and a 100 watt or equivalent bulb, you'll be able to see a lot more than with any flashlight. Except for things in shadows, it will be almost like daylight.
I have a troulble light, but I never actually use it. It's a protest strike against not having a garage.
But I have about 4 simple desk lamps, with a shield so the light falls only on the desk. One says US Navy, another has a spiral connection from the base to the light, and a couple other designs, and they work great too. One sits on the work bench by the power tools. My grindstone, my sander, and my wire wheel don't have built-in lights, but this 100 watt light is better anyhow. And it's not like you'll be wet yourself. I used to use flashlights more, like to inspect the furnace, but I found nothing can beat 75 or 100 watts.
And if you drop it, you can pull it out by the cord. If you use a flashlight, you have to remember to tie a string to it, (Or you'll be like that woman in the outhouse story of a few days ago.)

We had a map of the area, Indianapolis and its suburbs, from the time we got there, but I didn't notice for about 3 years that the map showed a stream just a few doors south of our house. In the back yard I walked 3 houses down (300 feet) and his back yard was almost like a swamp. Just where the map showed the stream to be. From the road, in a car, his front yard looked normal, but his crawl space must have been like a swimming pool.
The dirt level in our crawlspace was 4 or 5 feet below the floor joists. I figure it was wet there for the same reason his yard was a swamp. (and one small corner of the backyard was soaking wet in the spring. (as they say, it doesn't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime (unless climate change has changed that).)

We never had any problems because of the water under the house. There were several cast aluminum things the size of a small basement window. I opened them in the spring and closed t hem in the fall iirc. It was supposed to do something good for the crawl space, but it never turned it into dry land.
On 01/09/2015 04:23 PM, micky wrote:

The idiots that did my foundation used calcium to get it to dry fast in the winter. This means if I get the foundation too wet, it decalcifies and chunks of my foundation start to fall off. Huge patches of white powder form on the outside too. Having a lake under the house is really bad news for my foundation

That sounds badddd. Our crawlspace had no floor, and I presume the walls were cinder block.
OTOH the brick wasn't doing well. Hundreds of chips, many small, others up to the size of a full size domino though only half as thick, were falling off, especially from the chimney. Someone told my mother to paint the house in silicone, so I did that, except for the chimney. Someone else told her that the builder, some Jewish guy, had given owners of other brick houses he built that year some money back, so she called him and he was going to come out and look at the house the next week. He wouldn't have bothered to come if he hadn't planned to give her money too, even though he knew she wasn't the original owner. (It didn't chip until after we bought it). But he died that week, and of course my mother dropped it at that point.
On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 10:29:30 -0800, Todd wrote:

I've heard good things about Fenix-tk75. It's adjustable from 25-2900 lumens and the battery life is pretty good to. Here's a link if you're interested. http://www.fenixlighting.com/products/fenix-tk75-led-flashlight.aspx

I was thinking the same thing. Or even one of those $1.99 flashlites with 8 LEDs. Better yet, use your trouble light with a 100W bulb. If it is wet, and you decide to crwal under there, be sure to plug it into a GFI circuit, before you go under there.
However, if you really want a powerful LED flashlite, go for a drive at night. When you see a police car, flip him your middle finger, then drive away real fast, being sure to exceed the speed limit by at least 40mph over the limit. The cops will pull you over and write you a ticket. While they write the ticket, they'll shine their super bright LED flashlights in your face, blinding you for the moment. That's when you steal their flashlite, and run off with it. While they haul you to jail, is your chance to ask them the brand name and model number of their SUPER flashlites.
On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 10:58:09 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Sounds like you are a regular in jail. :-)