Need a fencing solution

I'm moving into a property for one year. Its a pretty big yard, kind of hilly, and I need to put in a fence for the two medium/large size dogs. The dogs aren't too wild, but they're animals and if they see a cat or something, the fence will need to hold them in.

Chicken wire and so forth is out of the question, they'll plow it down. Putting in a chain link fence, for just one year of use, costs a lot of money and it looks like a lot of work. I'm going to call some rental places, but from what I gather, the cost of erecting a fence is more than the cost of the materials so I don't know if the rental option will work out.

Any suggestions re. putting up a fence for one year?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Turco

If it's only for a year, I'd go with a cable-run, instead of a fence. The dogs won't like it, but that's the life of a dog.

Reply to
default

you could buy a bunch of used pipe pen panels with chicken wire then the end of the year resell them so while the cost may be high depreciation should not be!

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

Go to any farm supply store and check out the fencing there. For good sized animals welded wire hog fence is good. the openings are small on the bottom and progressively larger toward the top. Keeps piglets well confined and is sturdy enough for the adults. Get a post driver and a post puller for when you leave. Use steel posts and do your gates first with prefab gate sections. When you move out, roll up the fencing (tie it neatly), pull and bundle the posts and throw the gates in the pickup and take it all to your nearby farm auction (yellow pages). You'll be amazed at how much of the cost you'll get back. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Use what's called "welded wire" fence; available in severay gauges, held my 140 lb Great Pyrenese no problem & cheap. Use the steel drive-in fence posts. Get the heavier ones for the corners. Works well.

Pop

yard, kind of

medium/large size dogs. The

a cat or