Need a different Faceplate!

I am including a picture... Basically I sawed the space for the timer on the far right. Now I'm bring told to put another timer on the switch second to the far right. Is there a plate that has the two right "designer" style while keeping the two switches on the left, standard toggle?

I am in 110/60Hz land, otherwise known at the USA. Yes, I plan on replacing the cream colored switches to match the white faceplate. People were coming over and I didn't have time.

Reply to
Justin

As long as you're replacing the switches, why not replace them with Decora type and use a four space decora cover plate?

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

Here is one, but if this is the actual price for it, just get a four gang decora plate and replace the two standard toggle switches with decora style :

RBM

Let's just say that my orders re precise. The penalty for disobeying an order is quite severe.

Reply to
Justin

Ah yes..I understand now :-)

Then you want a leviton p2262. But it's gonna cost you near $30. Hope it's worth it!

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

Basically all of the switches in the house must match. So I have a choice, replace every switch in the house, or spend $35 on that plate. In some strange way, it does make a bit of sense.

Reply to
Justin

Just an FYI, I have an Intermatic timer made for a standard toggle switch opening like this

Mikepier

As other messages show there are faceplates available but the cost is ridiculous. If I was doing this I would carefully mark out the required hole and then cut it out using my scroll saw and then finish the edges with fine sand paper.

Reply to
Worn Out Retread

I had one of those as well, they don't work with CFLs.

Reply to
Justin

I did that to the first one. The problem is with two the screw holes are in the wrong place. $30 bucks may seem like alot, but IMO I like doing the job right. ALso, as for switching there whole thing to Decora; I'm ordered to keep all switches in the house matching, so if I go Decora on that one, I go Decora on the whole house. I'm also limited as to the type of timer; since we use Compact Fluorescent.

Reply to
Justin

t.- Hide quoted text -

It looks like a four position plate suitable for four of those newer white rectangular style devices would work? That is the plate already has rectangular cutout/cutouts.

The advantage of the newer style is that all devices have the same shape/size. In other words the same plate will fit a switch or a duplex outlet etc. Similarly multiples can fit four switches or two switches and two duplex outlets or any combination of the newer style devices. I'll see if I can find a reference and post it here.

With older style devices different style switch plates are needed for switches than for duplex outlets.

Suggestion anyway.

PS. Don't get paranoid about whether the colour/shape is absolutely correct; does it work and is it safe is far more important.

There is a lovely story about why one early steam locomotive blew up! Apparently the guy operating it got tired listening to steam 'blowing off' and tied down the safety valve with his kerchief, raising the boiler pressure above safety. In another case a wife instructed her husband to hide the cords for the outside Christmas lights 'because they looked untidy'. He did so by burying them in the flower bed whereupon after a while they got wet and short-circuited shutting of power to parts of the house. Shall we go on ?????

Reply to
terry

Seach for "Sectional Wallplates". they snap together and can be made to fit your needs.

Sectional Wallplates

Good luck.

Reply to
Oren

t.- Hide quoted text -

Here&#39;s one link with diagrams of plates Diagram is about half way down). Looks like pattern DGD/DS would suit you?????? <

Have fun.

Reply to
terry

I understand, but I&#39;ll just go for the simple solution of getting that $30 plate mentioned earlier in the thread and be done with it. How about one with ONE Decora and one normal toggle switch? I may put the same type of timer somewhere else.

Reply to
Justin