Need a better battery.

snipped-for-privacy@p30g2000vbt.googlegroups.com:

re: "Cousin Brucie"

For me it was the section that starts with "Where Rock Lives" found here:

I rarely quote Wikipedia, but they do a pretty good job of describing the influence that WNEW had on rock music and the radio industry during those years.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@20g2000vbz.googlegroups.com:

Yea well I had to get an FM radio first! Once that happened, it was rarely tuned to anything but WNEW. Would sultry be a good description of Alison Steele's voice? :-)

Reply to
Red Green

snipped-for-privacy@20g2000vbz.googlegroups.com:

Teenager...Alison Steele...the overnight shift. Need I say more?

BTW this the first FM radio I ever had in a car (the full URL is below)

After that, I upgraded to an under-dash FM radio/cassette player. That was my first in-car stereo.

My 66 Rambler Ambassador had a *vertical* AM radio with the AC ducts running right behind it. You couldn't install a standard "horizontal" radio in the dash.

The radio in this image is actually mounted vertically. The buttons to change the channel can be seen below the chrome trim strip. (Sorry about the pop-up)

Full URL to eBay item.

DerbyDad03

Ever think about buying a power inverter that converts 12V to 110V. Then just use a regular string of lights. Thats what I do.

Reply to
Saxman

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@r1g2000vbp.googlegroups.com:

I also had a Rambler. Can't remember what year it was but I was the envy of every testosterone rampant teenage buddy. It had a handle on the sode of the front seat to make it go flat back. Rare back then with the junkers we drove.

Reply to
Red Green

snipped-for-privacy@r1g2000vbp.googlegroups.com:

I had a neighbor that worked the same place I did. One morning I had to bum a ride and I was begining to get a little upset that he was dragging about a bit and I didnt want to be late for work. It normally took me 20 minutes to get there but this AM it took 15 in his Scrambler. We got there on time and I never asked him for a ride again.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

I thought they all had 360's?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

snipped-for-privacy@r1g2000vbp.googlegroups.com:

re: "a handle on the side of the front seat to make it go flat back"

The Ambassador 990 was 6 passenger car. With both halves of the split front bench reclined until they were even with back seat, the inside of the car was basically a full size bed. For that, and for many other reasons, that car is still my favorite out of every car/van/truck I've ever owned.

The feature that we speak of was immortalized by the Blue Brothers in the second verse of this song...

"B Movie Box Car Blues"

Caught a ride into South Dakota With two girls in a light blue Desoto One's name was Jane, the other was plain But they both had racing motors

Next I caught a ride with a gambler's wife, She had a brand new lay down Rambler She parked on the other side of town She layed the Rambler down She said she could dig if I'd knew her

Doing my best to get back to you Ain't nothing I'd rather do Look for me Sunday, gonna be there honey Something special just for you Special just for you

Made a truck stop, toothpick and water Got a ride from a fruit pickers daughter Drove her through the night, let the fruit just right Said All I could eat for a quarter

Next, hopped a train with a hobo woman Said she's from Texas too The way that she did, what she did, when she did what she did to me made me think of you Hey honey made me think of you

Doing my best to get back to you Ain't nothing I'd rather do Look for me Sunday, gonna be there honey Something special just for you Special just for you

Hey honey something special just for you

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yes, but she didn't look much like her voice.

Reply to
salty

snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Depends on what era the pic was from and of course, your mental perception. This particular pic fit my perception:

I've seen other pics of her that are just as you say.

Reply to
Red Green

She most emphatically didn't look like THAT in person.

That's a carefully crafted and staged photo utilizing lots of makeup, false eyelashes and lighting.

In person, she was a complete frump, and her belly hung over her belt.

Reply to
salty

snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

A regular Susan Boyle huh?

Reply to
Red Green

Dang! Look at those fake eyelashes! That's a tipoff of the time period.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

innews: snipped-for-privacy@20g2000vbz.googlegroups.com:

Had an FM 8track under the dash Managed to find a factory FM for my Ambassador (1972?)

Reply to
clare

As you can see, the big engine models were hard to keep on the ground.

*snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

innews: snipped-for-privacy@r1g2000vbp.googlegroups.com:

I'd have killed for a 360 SC back when I was a kid - and I'd still love to have one!!! The SCRambler and the Rebel Machine were SERIOUS performers!!!

Reply to
clare

He's talking about A-100s like the original "little red wagon" and the "backup pickup" dragsters. Basically an early Dodge van with the back chopped to make a pik-em-up. Origiinally only slant six powered - then the 273 became available towards the end of their production, and quite possibly the odd 318 at the very end.

Reply to
clare

You're getting warmer!

Reply to