NEC and wall switch

Could you install a ceiling mounted light/fan fixture without a wall switch in the room per NEC code? Light/fan has its own switch.
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:58:42 -0700, "Jack" <n> wrote:

switched receptacle, you are OK.
"Jack" <n> wrote in message

As another poster indicated, you can do so when you have a wall receptacle or another light controlled by a wall switch. I do not recommend this type of installation for a ceiling fan. Those pull chain switches don't last as long as the fan and you will most likely wind up replacing them down the road. I suggest running a three wire to the ceiling fan and have a wall switch for the light and a wall switch for the fan. As an alternative you can get a fan with a remote control unit. I don't know what kind of life you can expect from the remote control though.
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:40:35 -0400, "John Grabowski"

Great replies, just one follow up question, what room are you doing this in. I've been taught some rooms cannot use a switched receptacle to meet a lighted outlet requirement.
later,
tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

lighting outlet, not a receptacle
"Jack" <n> wrote in message