natural gas hook up question?

Hi All,
Is there a such thing as a natural gas hook up for a converted natural gas generator that can be hooked and unhooked at will? Or do natural gas connections have to be permanent? (When it rains/snows, I would have to get the generator out of the weather.)
Many thanks, -T

- backed up with a lockable shut-off valve.
On 01/02/2014 12:30 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

On 01/02/2014 01:31 AM, Bernie Madeoff wrote:

Thank you!
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:30:35 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

+1
There are also hoses in long lenghts too, if you need that. Check RV websites, among others. I found one few years ago that made one for me to the length I specified. I don't think you need a lockable shut-off, unless that's required by code. The disconnects work like an air compressor fitting, if you unplug it, it automatically closes, so I think just a regular gas valve is OK.

Hi
Whoever wrote me, who you mind resending. Fumble fingers deleted the thread by accident.
Many thanks, -T
On 1/2/2014 1:08 AM, Todd wrote:

Check with a place that sells restaurant equipment or a supply house that sells parts for commercial gas appliances because most restaurant gas equipment has a quick disconnect so it can be moved to facilitate floor cleaning. Gas grill sellers may have one too. ^_^
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
http://preview.tinyurl.com/pfzoz8x
TDD

Thank you!. I didn't know anyone was still watching this thread.
--
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped

Sure, it can be done but may not meet code. Usually, the appliance has to be installed permanently and not something on wheels that can vibrate and move around. Better to check first.